• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shirako ~Mapping Thread~

Holy shi*. You are the most creative and brilliant mapper I've ever seen. I saw your first post here and was in 2013... I see you keep mapping and it encourages me alot! I was almost giving up because of university and work (I have like 2 hours per day to map, some days I dont even map), but I think pacience is the key.
I must also say I found a similarity in you style and mine (nice gameplay with plenty of details), and this motivates me alot.

Now I would love to ask you something... I am finding it hard to decorate inside the houses, I think they pretty much look the same most of the times. Can you give me some tips about it? I am sure you are a godlike making houses too. When I say houses, I mean any building in a city, from shops to real houses.

Now I would love to ask you something... I am finding it hard to decorate inside the houses, I think they pretty much look the same most of the times. Can you give me some tips about it? I am sure you are a godlike making houses too. When I say houses, I mean any building in a city, from shops to real houses.

with no disrespect at all shirako, considering this isn't my thread, just wanna help out Cristianso here!
Check these 2 little screenshots: there are a number of interior sprites, sure, but there's a lot of exterior things and borders that can be used interior as well! (and yes, the pathing is fine, ive checked; players can still move around in the needed space)

Also the shape of the building makes a huge difference. Obviously you gotta have simple, squared styles, but its great to also change that up, like in the first pic. It allows for more objects to be placed that would otherwise block paths, but with indents in walls n such, they dont get in the way and add to the effect of the whole room.

I gotta run, sorry I can't go more into detail, but I'm sure Shirako probably can drop some more useful tips!

Attachments

with no disrespect at all shirako, considering this isn't my thread, just wanna help out Cristianso here!
Check these 2 little screenshots: there are a number of interior sprites, sure, but there's a lot of exterior things and borders that can be used interior as well! (and yes, the pathing is fine, ive checked; players can still move around in the needed space)

Also the shape of the building makes a huge difference. Obviously you gotta have simple, squared styles, but its great to also change that up, like in the first pic. It allows for more objects to be placed that would otherwise block paths, but with indents in walls n such, they dont get in the way and add to the effect of the whole room.

I gotta run, sorry I can't go more into detail, but I'm sure Shirako probably can drop some more useful tips!

Wow... Really awesome! Simple and at the same time detailed, just the way I like.
Thank you for helping! I am going to try to practice a little bit.

Back to daily posts. Enjoy ^^

1zgdt2c.png

o8583p.png

16ll745.png

6pvqcm.png

9776o0.png

Back