• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shop NPC with Dynamic Pricing?

Tysoch86

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am designing a server for a small amount of players and since there won't exactly be a a lot of trading due to the small player count I was wondering about a NPC that could do the work.

If there could be a shop NPC that gathered the information on how many of a certain item there was on the server (Players, Depots, Houses), that number could be a modifier to how much an item is worth.
Much like a real economy, this NPC would be able to look at the current supply of and object and adjust his price accordingly.
An added benefit would be that players who were above and below the average level would indirectly receive a bonus when selling goods to the NPC (by obtaining items in higher demand). This would create more competition when competing for the top of the server, as well as, creating a catch up mechanic for players starting out on the server.

I don't know how possible something like this is, so, as a back up and NPC that randomized the modifier number would create some kind of a stock market feel when selling items.

Thank you for you time! Please let me know your thoughts.

Hi there!

I am pretty bad at the installation process. Can anyone tell me how I can put this into the game? Whats an example of how it would work with an npc?

Thanks
-Tys

Back