• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Should CIP make a classic 6.0/7.0/7.1 server? Would you play it?

Would you play a "Classic" version of tibia?

• Total voters

MiaFH

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Since many games like Runescape and WoW made a "Classic" version of their games with great success. Should CIP make a "classic" version of tibia? If yes, which version? Would you play it? Why? Why not?

Didnt they announce once that it will never happen?

No, they shouldn't.
If they do, they couldn't make updates to these servers and then they would die soon.
Post automatically merged:

Otserver in this style survives because they add custom content

Last edited:
a few years ago I would say no, right now... idk the play style has changed a lot, people just power game now, so these version content would stagnate very very fast... but yes, they could do it if they are money-hungry in a near future, people would play it for the nostalgic feeling tho (and also the anti bot), I voted on 7.4 because it was the version that I started playing on, it would be nice if they added new content (svargrond, port hope, liberty bay), but keeping the 7.4 feeling

Yes, I would definitely play.

But I'm now more sure than ever that it'll never happen. Why would they put classic servers online, with the old monetization model (premium only), that could potentially "suck in" players from their normal servers that have the new p2w model? Yes, some players who haven't played in a decade or more would most definitely return out of curiosity, but active players who moves from the normal servers to the classic ones would represent a huge loss for cip. In essence I think it would create competition between themselves.

By the way, in the unlikely chance that this does happen in the future, I'd place my bet on CIP using the OT/TFS engine for such a server 😅

Retro worlds is cipsoft's attempt at running a classic servers according to them. Cipsoft said there are unable to run an old server and will not do it. Even if they made a 7.x or older server I wouldn't play it. If I was to play tibia I would play latest cipserver. I mainly played nonpvp and by playing the latest server there is the most content to explore.

For anyone pining to an old school server, well there are enough quality OTs running 7.x server. Cipsoft isn't needed to enjoy the feel of 7.4, 7.7, or 8.6.

I would spend a few days screwing around on a 6.x or 7.1 server if there were any such OTs around. I think the last 7.1 server I played had a system where orcs and elves would fight each other. They both had camps south of town. Was that Brabexia? I can't remember anymore.

Last edited:
Retro worlds is cipsoft's attempt at running a classic servers according to them. Cipsoft said there are unable to run an old server and will not do it. Even if they made a 7.x or older server I wouldn't play it. If I was to play tibia I would play latest cipserver. I mainly played nonpvp and by playing the latest server there is the most content to explore.

For anyone pining to play an play a old school server, well there are enough quality OTs running 7.x server. Cipsoft isn't needed to enjoy the feel of 7.4, 7.7, or 8.6.

I would spend a few days screwing around on a 6.x or 7.1 server if there were any such OTs around. I think the last 7.1 server I played had a system where orcs and elves would fight each other. They both had camps south of town. Was that Brabexia? I can't remember anymore.
Aye 6.x for the win

I already have Tibiantis why would SHITSOFT!! err... I mean Cipsoft.. They never cared about anyone but whatever they had in their minds (nothing good).

I would try to hack them to be honest, I'm at that point where I just don't like Cipsoft anymore because they deleted Dolera, pisses me off so much to talk about them.

Open Tibia Community has been more dedicated that Cipsoft and period.

Should CIP make a "classic" version of tibia?
I believe the honour is ours. ;)
Would you play it? Why? Why not?
That depends. How's BattlEye doing? Can they control aimbot and mc on a larger scale?
If yes, which version?
It appears impossible to entertain a single version without change. Better turn back 0.1 after 0.1 and start again from 1.0

Last edited:
I already have Tibiantis why would SHITSOFT!! err... I mean Cipsoft.. They never cared about anyone but whatever they had in their minds (nothing good).

I would try to hack them to be honest, I'm at that point where I just don't like Cipsoft anymore because they deleted Dolera, pisses me off so much to talk about them.

Open Tibia Community has been more dedicated that Cipsoft and period.

I hated CIPsoft after it went full player friendly. I hate recent versions and i am an school player but... I dont agree with you about the ot community is doing better. Like @Thin Small Fist said they are the only ones that have the resources to avoid many issues that are happening in public servers right now. Botting, lack of players, stable servers, dedication... I dont know, i feel safer and trust more a CIP server than any current host right now. That aside OT developers are doing awesome, is just that server owners are not.

But we have the leaked files 7.7 realots (=
CipSoft remembers what's happening in 2006 and they got leaked of course.
Cip no needs to make 7x servers, Because we already have the files. Maybe that's why they won't make an old school server im right? correct me.

I would 100% play old tibia 6x clients like 5.0 from 1998

Last edited:
But we have the leaked files 7.7 realots (=
CipSoft remembers what's happening in 2006 and they got leaked of course.
Cip no needs to make 7x servers, Because we already have the files. Maybe that's why they won't make old school servers im right? correct me.

I would 100% play old tibia 6x clients like 1998 from 5.0
It's ridiculous to think that CipSoft hosting an old-school server and an old-school OT would be the same thing.
Even if the content was exactly the same, there is so much more to it.
A 16-year-old kid in his parents' basement with a low-quality server isn't the same thing as a company who has done this professionally for decades.
Or a Retrocores owner who simply wants to milk you and is lying constantly. His streams sometimes actually remind me of scammer calls lol.
Of course those are the 2 extremes. But do you really think it's that simple?
Managing the infrastructure, keeping everything safe and new content is just a part of it. There are so many details to things like that.

An old-school server from CipSoft could be so much better and so much more popular than any old-school OT.
It just depends on what they make of it.
But we will never know if they don't decide to do it. And I highly doubt they will.

People always compare it to wow. So compare it. Compare the old-school private wow servers with the release of classic-wow.

Back