• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Should I launch a server?

Should I launch a server?

• Yes!

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • No, wait til its complete

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Get lost we don't want you here!

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

bayview

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
I am wondering if I should just launch my project regardless of my real life pending issues.

Currently I have a few systems in place which pre-exist on other servers.. The majority of the scripts & source edits I've implemented are things I have written completely on my own over the years for other servers or for the general public and even some that I never made publicly available.

I went ahead and paid for hosting a year in advance a few months ago along with several dns's but I don't even know if it would worth the upload.

I wish I had more time to devote to such an endeavor, I did a lot of work with sprites, monster systems, play styles, itemization, but it really isn't finished and why release a half ass product that most might not even consider or stick around to play.

While I am not the most loved person on this forum I am certainly not the most hated and many of you might not even respond to this discussion (in a positive light) even those who privately encourage my efforts for fear of being shamed or loosing respect amongst your peers.

I expect this topic to have a decent amount of views and almost no responses ;)

I'll try it if it has custom monsters, items, spells, etc.. the more custom the better.
Is it a custom RPG? evolution? real map? something completely new?

I won't really stay on a half released server (lack of content), but at least I'd see if I like what you have. Or you can wait until it's fully finished, up to you.

I'd say you should wait until it's completely done, or at least near completion.
Have a little (closed) beta so players can get to know your server a bit and you can start gathering opinions.

I'll try it if it has custom monsters, items, spells, etc.. the more custom the better.
Is it a custom RPG? evolution? real map? something completely new?

I won't really stay on a half released server (lack of content), but at least I'd see if I like what you have. Or you can wait until it's fully finished, up to you.
Spells has been an issue for me, I asked a few people if they wanted to help out and they agreed to but all I asked for was spell animations which they could make with spell creator but I have yet to receive one spell lol

Yes it has custom monsters and items, i think all servers are rpg's by default, its not an evolution's map tho or real life map, I wouldn't exactly call it completely new tho.

I'd say you should wait until it's completely done, or at least near completion.
Have a little (closed) beta so players can get to know your server a bit and you can start gathering opinions.
I have been given a little more time here so my situation isn't completely hopeless so I should be able to finish the server before I have to move.

Last edited:
start it, so you can get feedback from players and it will improve and eventually grows

I say yes. You can release it as an open beta, and analyse the feedback.

from that point forward, it should be clear to u, if it is worth continuing working on.

Back