• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Showoff] Xaenex Pieces

Jaed Le Raep

★Gaeming★
Reaction score
All levels of constructive criticism is welcomed. I'm quite new to taking pride in my mapping and just wanted to put myself out there.

Entrance to Lizards & Buried Desert
e05904ac64.gif

Also, beneath the bamboo trees there's a plant has its own flow of water that creates the marsh beneath it even in the midst of an area that has the presence of slime.​

Last edited:
All levels of constructive criticism is welcomed. I'm quite new to taking pride in my mapping and just wanted to put myself out there.

Entrance to Lizards & Buried Desert
0eb4aea582.gif

Edit: (Spruced It Up A Bit)
eb490e89cd.gif

Also, beneath the bamboo trees there's a plant has its own flow of water that creates the marsh beneath it even in the midst of an area that has the presence of slime.​

man u got one gay ass signature

I wanted to do this showoff a bit more unique. I wanted to show you the actual use of why this area isn't spammed, and how the environment would work in a playable situation. As always, I look forward to your feedback.
7741f7d717.gif

Let's Explore!
c78e3122f6.gif

Last edited:
A lot of the styles you are trying to mix simply don't look that great. For instance, the jungle theme then the rosha sprites mixed in, the contrast between the two styles of sprites make it jarring to look at. In the second picture, after the edited posts, the forest floor and area surrounding it lacks details and looks incomplete.
The dirt mountains, grassy mountains, and mushroom mountains don't belong together in such close proximity and again create a jarring contrast. Not to mention the thought of where all the water is coming from near that waterfall, there is no source for it to come from.. The beginning bridge you show off in the second picture is another example of jarring contrast and should be remade with a single style not trying to mix three which do not belong together.
The ricepaddy water also doesn't go well with the waterfall, the trees and grass tufts should never go ontop of water tiles, there is a dirt-water border you can use instead of the grass border for the transition into the water at first, and typically servers have swimming zones be PZ or have a script in place which makes it so creatures can't walk across water like Jesus in his third coming, the second bamboo bridge could either be replaced by the first bridge style before it or have the first bridge be changed, and if you keep the bamboo bridge add bamboo stairs going down without the 459 stairs so it doesn't just end abruptly and looks like it actually started to fall.

A lot of the styles you are trying to mix simply don't look that great. For instance, the jungle theme then the rosha sprites mixed in, the contrast between the two styles of sprites make it jarring to look at. In the second picture, after the edited posts, the forest floor and area surrounding it lacks details and looks incomplete.
The dirt mountains, grassy mountains, and mushroom mountains don't belong together in such close proximity and again create a jarring contrast. Not to mention the thought of where all the water is coming from near that waterfall, there is no source for it to come from.. The beginning bridge you show off in the second picture is another example of jarring contrast and should be remade with a single style not trying to mix three which do not belong together.
The ricepaddy water also doesn't go well with the waterfall, the trees and grass tufts should never go ontop of water tiles, there is a dirt-water border you can use instead of the grass border for the transition into the water at first, and typically servers have swimming zones be PZ or have a script in place which makes it so creatures can't walk across water like Jesus in his third coming, the second bamboo bridge could either be replaced by the first bridge style before it or have the first bridge be changed, and if you keep the bamboo bridge add bamboo stairs going down without the 459 stairs so it doesn't just end abruptly and looks like it actually started to fall.

Thanks for the input and I've made some changes based off of it :)

Quick Entrance to Dwarven Mining Area and a Deep Arachnid Cave
8640be0226.gif

Nature looks abit boring and empty, and it does not really look like a dwarven cave. I think you can do better. :)

Back