• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Simple 3 mission NPC

Jeremgod

Reaction score
Hello I would like a simple npc that would do exactly this

Mission 1 go kill 100 rotworm
Mission 2 bring me 30 carrion worm fang
Mission 3 go kill the rotworm queen

with rewards for each mission and with working quest log

I use 0.4

Pm or IM me if you have any idea or if you have questions

Thanks in advance

Sincerely Jeremgod

.. I did some research before posting and I played around with the thing for over 4 hours with no luck I have no idea what to do, I can't write lua from scratch nor XML I can edit and I can understand how a working script works but I cant write from scratch, I know I need a creaturescript and I know I need an npc script but them lua's I have no idea what to put in them and if you know its on the forum somewhere, instead of telling me to search cause obviously I did search before without any results give me the link it'll be more useful

Thanks in advance!

Jeremgod

How is it obvious you searched? Anyway, there is a few task system NPCS and CreatureScripts available, I don't know how you didn't find them but I'm not going to search for you either... If you can edit scripts like you say then it shouldn't be too difficult...

Oh don't get me wrong I did find them that's why I said I played around with the thing for 4 hours if not more, "the thing" being npc's and creaturescripts but unfortunately what I'm looking for exceeds my knowledge of the lua language. What I found is several versions of the old grizzly adams (old being pre 9.2) and I have tried to modify and isolate the part of the script I thought was what I needed but I'm probably way off base needless to say grizzly adams is probably one of the most complex npc I have worked with. Which reflects the fact that I cannot even get one of them to work so I discarded them grizzly adams and thought I'd ask the community help me out.

P.S. don't flame me for being direct and cold I just assume that people who will reply to this thread will have some relevant information that I can use. Which has not been the case yet. If my original post lacks information people should not reply with orders such as "Search for X" instead they should ask me if I tried X and post an example of what they are referring to.

P.P.S I am not asking for someone to build me the script but if anyone has a similar script or a script that I might be able to use I would be grateful for that I just need a lead to go on and research and try to figure out

I appreciate the reply but I will need some more information for me to be able to advance in what I want to do

• use onKill() - if it's a rotworm being slain by a person, +1 to storage value if < 100
  • when talking to the npc if you got 100 storage go to next mission
  • if you have 30 carrion worm fangs go to next mission
  • use onKill() - if it's a rotworm queen and you've done the 2 previous missions set storage to 1
  • talk to npc, if you have that storage at 1 then you killed the rotworm queen --> receive reward

If you want actual code I can post some later but try figuring it out like that.

Thanks that helped me out a bit I managed to get the kill X rotworms to work, although I cant get the quest log to work but it still works If you could post the code it would be appreciated

To be honest I have no idea how the quest log works - I've tried fiddling around with it before and it always seemed to not work properly.

The quest log took me ages to figure out, but I attacked with caveman efficiency... which was not efficient at all, but I stuck with it for a stupidly long period of time till it finally clicked (probably well over a year..)

ANYWAY

I wrote up a little something for you, to use in your quest log, should work when you put in the storage value.
This is how I'd have the written it if it was my server.

and if you still need it, I guess I could write up the npc for you if you still wanted, just post back. Wouldn't take me long anyway, plus might use it for myself now that I am thinking..

Code:
	<quest name="Fetch it boy!!" startstorageid="YOUR STORAGE ID" startstoragevalue="1">
		<mission name="Those nasty rotworms" storageid="YOUR STORAGE ID" startvalue="1" endvalue="4">
			<missionstate id="0" description="Some creepy guy in town told you to kill some rotworms for him! He wanted you to kill 100 of them, but since he was offering money, you accepted. You've killed already |STATE|/100 Rotworms."/>
			<missionstate id="1" description="That same weirdo wants you to collect 30 carrion worm fangs for a necklace he wants to make."/>
			<missionstate id="2" description="After getting the fangs for the creeps necklace, he wants you to destory the local rotworm population by killing the rotworm queen!"/>
			<missionstate id="3" description="Pleased with having you run around doing stuff for him, the creep finally paid you for your services!"/>
		</mission>
	</quest>

Back