• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

SIMPLE ALL IN ONE: From nothing to a fully working dedicated server on Ubuntu

Hello.
On Ubuntu Server Bionic is not possible to install. The package wine it's not available anymore. Now wine is vitrual package and you must choose that you can install wine-stable or wine-development. Can you update the repo on github?

@up
Even when the Wine package fails you can actually still continue to use the service if you don't plan on using Wine.

Hello, i'm trying to install it on ubuntu 16.04.
Getting this error:
Code:
TASK [Install admin essentials] ************************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "No package matching 'python3-certbot-nginx' is available"}

What should I do?

Hello, i'm trying to install it on ubuntu 16.04.
Getting this error:
Code:
TASK [Install admin essentials] ************************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "No package matching 'python3-certbot-nginx' is available"}

What should I do?
Use Ubuntu 18.04. I'll try to add support for Ubuntu 16.04 again but there's no reason to use it.

Use Ubuntu 18.04. I'll try to add support for Ubuntu 16.04 again but there's no reason to use it.
Okay, thanks. Already on it.
Post automatically merged:

Tryed on Ubuntu 18.04 now.
Getting this:
Code:
TASK [Check hostname] **********************************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "cmd": ["hostname", "-f"], "delta": "0:00:00.004917", "end": "2020-02-23 18:19:55.075982", "msg": "non-zero return code", "rc": 1, "start": "2020-02-23 18:19:55.071065", "stderr": "hostname: Name or service not known", "stderr_lines": ["hostname: Name or service not known"], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}

Also when logging into otsmanager, it says:
Code:
Current TFS status: Failed to connect to bus: Permission denied

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm receiving the following error after following the instructions on a fresh install of 18.04 Ubuntu.

1587287228145.png

Solved using the following from elsewhere in this thread.

Code:
export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/`id -u`

Last edited:
The "Failed to connect to bus" may happen if you ssh into the box using a different user and then login with the otsmanager user. If you ssh using the otsmanager user in the first place (ssh otsmanager@ip...), then it will work fine.

Ps. you need to copy the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys from the original user to the otsmanager home dir, /home/otsmanager/.ssh/...

Released v3 updated for Ubuntu 20.04, now previous versions are not supported (but you can go back to v2 to use Ubuntu 16.04 - 18.04).

New features:
  • Support for Ubuntu 20.04 (brings PHP 7.4)
  • Simplified systemd setup without using systemd --user mode (needs sudo)
  • Replaced DevAAC with choice of ZnoteAAC or MyAAC (use tags to switch)
  • Optional tfs-gdb.service service to run TFS through gdb to automatically log backtrace. WARNING: does not trigger automatic saving on "service stop" (e.g. server shutdown).
  • Configured systemd-coredump to automatically intercept and save coredump files

Back