• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Simple NPC quest with 1 small problem

tozikrulz

Reaction score
Hello,

this script is pretty much complete, it works well except for not saying the specified message for the 'You have completed the task already!' response but the other responses work, thank you for taking a look at this.
TFS 0.4 for 8.6
This is the simple boss quest NPC i wrote this morning:
Lua:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)        end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)        npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)        end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)    end
function onThink()                npcHandler:onThink()                end

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Hello there, |PLAYERNAME| I am having problems with the local inhabitants, I can kill the weaklings but I need you to take down the big ones. If You kill all 3 {bosses}, I will {reward} you with experience and treasure!")

function reward(cid, message, keywords, parameters, node)

if(not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
        return false
    end
        if getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10002) == 1 and getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10003) == 1 and getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10004) == 1 then
            npcHandler:say('Thank you for youre troubles, here is your reward.', cid)
            doPlayerAddItem(cid, 2159, 1)
            doPlayerAddLevel(cid, 3)
            setPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10002, 2)
            setPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10003, 2)
            setPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10004, 2)
                else if getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10002) == 2 and getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10003) == 2 and getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10004) == 2 then
                    npchandler:say('You have completed the task already!', cid)
                else if    getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10002) < 1 or getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10003) < 1 or getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 10004) < 1 then
                    npcHandler:say('You have not killed all 3 bosses yet.', cid)
            end
        end
    end
end

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'bosses'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = "If you kill Bovinus, Occuni and Frog King I will {reward} you for youre effort."})

local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'reward'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Have you killed all 3 bosses?'})
    node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, reward, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, reset = true})
    node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Ok then.', reset = true})

npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Last edited:
Back