• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Simple text/effect tutorial

City

Reaction score
So this is a simple text tutorial, you can use it for whatever, including other things than texts.

Step One: CTRL+N with 200x200 pixels

mkp3a.png

Step Two: Open up fonts(T), pick whatever and change background and text color. Font size should be around 180~

23jmxav.png

Step Three: Open up brushes(B), pick the hard round, use a fitting size, in this case 14px.

6h3lhj.png

Step Four: Use the brush on different spots on the text with a lighter color than the text color.

2pqnd3q.png

Step Five: Now pick up your smudge tool and pick Chalk 36.

34zk4zp.png

Step Six: Open up the brush panel and edit settings similar to mine.

b6aqgp.png

Step Seven: Smudge away!

346avis.png

Step Eight: Select the smudged layer and go to filter > sharpen > sharpen. Repeat twice.

Step Nine: Select the smudged area and then select the text layer. Press DELETE.

30w13pl.jpg

Step Ten: Delete the smudged layer.

Outcome:

5cgnt.png

I know the outcome is ugly ;p but if you put some time into it, it WILL look A LOT better.

Here's a second outcome that I spent 3~ minutes on just for you guys. I know the R s' is a little messy.

chy4g.png

wlcw9.png

Anyway, enjoy and you know what to do if it helped.

Share results!

Last edited:
No offense, but you can find alot of theese text tutorials on google.

But i think this is good really, and i will try it out!
And next question, what verision of program you use? =)

King regards

I use CS6 on trial at the moment to try things out, otherwise I use CS4

Back