• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Skill Shielding doesn't work

juansanchez

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
So, hello otland guys, today i need a little help from you guys. So, in my server you're able to buy skills, axe,magic level,sword,shield etc... All of them work just like they should, but the shielding. No matter if my skill shielding is 10 or 350 (maximum) the mobs will hit the same, lets say, they hit 5000 when i'm skill 10, if i'm 350, they still hit 5000.

Does anyone know's how to fix this? If is there a way to fix it...
Tibia 10.10
The Forgotten Server 0.3.7_SVN

@Edit

I just figured out the skill shielding works, but is not as effective as i would like, i would like to change how much it defends, can anyone help me out with this?

Last edited:
I don't know if the function is the same, but try looking at Combat::blockHit, Creature::Blockhit or/and Player::blockHit

And they should be in same file, Player::blockHit is in player.cpp, Creature in creature.cpp

I don't know if the function is the same, but try looking at Combat::blockHit, Creature::Blockhit or/and Player::blockHit

And they should be in same file, Player::blockHit is in player.cpp, Creature in creature.cpp

And what if my server does not have the sources folder?

Might be your monsters that have min- & max attributes in their attacks, while using skill and attack should make shielding apply, hard to edit all monsters but you could try it out.

Ignazio

Might be your monsters that have min- & max attributes in their attacks, while using skill and attack should make shielding apply, hard to edit all monsters but you could try it out.

Ignazio

I tested with a monster that has maxium attack 1001 and minimum 1000, and with shielding skill = 10 and shielding = 350, the hits were almost the same. Is tested with Dwarven Shield on as well. It defended a little bit more, but not as much as i want to, i want to know where can i edit how much it defends.

i think when you use min&max values for atk its ignore player shield, try with skill xx atk xx etc..
Code:
<attack name="melee" interval="1000" skill="50" attack="50"/>

Are you wielding a shield? It seems shielding doesn't affect unless you're wielding a shield.

Else your source might be edited, as far as I know the principles of shielding is working the TFS.

Ignazio

Are you wielding a shield? It seems shielding doesn't affect unless you're wielding a shield.

Else your source might be edited, as far as I know the principles of shielding is working the TFS.

Ignazio

I might have to download another TFS...

You could try with that, then you know if it's a server-problem, or problems with your XML/LUA-files.

Ignazio

Yeah, sorry i forgot to answer that, but yes, i was wearing a shield, when i added skill 350, and tested it with the dwarven shield, it worked, but it was not as effective as i would like, you know what i mean? I want it to defend even more the hits.

hmm you can try something at vocations.xml
Code:
<formula 
meleeDamage="1.0" 
distDamage="1.0" 
wandDamage="1.0" 
magDamage="1.0" 
magHealingDamage="1.0" 
defense="1.0" 
magDefense="1.0" 
armor="1.0"/>

Back