• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Skills and WeaponTypes

Exos

Reaction score
Hello, I am doing an OT server with my friend with The Forgotten Server 1.3 and we are thinking in doing several vocations and change the "starter" vocations. Doing the new vocations is not hard and there plenty of tutorials and threads to add new vocations but what we are trying to do is to separate weapons types for some of the vocations. For example we want the skills to look like this:
-Fist(the skill is already in game)
-One Handed Club
-One Handed Axe
-One Handed Sword
-Two Handed Club
-Two Handed Axe
-Two Handed Sword
-Archery(uses bows and crossbows)
-Throwing(assassins stars, stars, spears, etc)
-Shielding
-Staves
-Sceptres
-Shielding(skill already in game)

so is it possible to do? I saw a thread by @Codex NG name Spell Experience that he says it is possible to use in different ways and I think it can be used like that and I do understand a little the code but I'm not sure if that is the only thing to do? I was also thinking in declaring the weaponTypes in items.xml or make a lua that items.xml grabs the new weapontypes. I tried to add the skills to the database too but we got errors haha. Will wait for someone to reply and I will greatly appreciate if you could explain in a detailed way if it is possible or not. I will hope that it is :) Thank you

PS: I also I know that the client cant be edited or at least in The Forgotten Server but we can use ModalWindows to see the skills. I already did that to show the skills

Last edited:
Bumping thread
I dont need people to do the script for me(I mean if someone knows and is willing to I will really appreciate it) but I just want someone to explain to me IF it is possible to do that, if it is just to which luas I need to add the scripts or which folders will need. I saw something about weapon types in game.lua in the core folder but I dont know if what I did there is something missing or whatever I add to game.lua nothing changes because it is the core of the game.

Back