• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Skills "stuck"

Rodo

Solutions
Reaction score
For one reason, the skills of the knights became "stuck", the skill don't go up it doesn't matter if they train 9999 hours.

What can be the problem?

He's speaking of TFS 0.2 I believe. They stop after a certain point.

Any way to fix that?

Red

does this happens with only recently and all new created players? the problem is in db, the new players won't come with skill tables, or something like that
I got a LUASQL script fix in my old 0.2 ot (real map project heheh)

Maybe the `skilltries` table's value in the database is exceeding the limit so it's defaulting back to 0 and therefore never increasing the skill level? Just a thought...

If so then the solution would be to change the value to a bigger one :p

does this happens with only recently and all new created players? the problem is in db, the new players won't come with skill tables, or something like that
I got a LUASQL script fix in my old 0.2 ot (real map project heheh)

but mine isn't 0.2

@thread:

anyone?

...wahtever but I warn you: My code will only work if the skill bug is the same that occurs in many TFS: New Created Chars don't have their respective sql skill tables..and credits to the original scripter, I googled this some months ago
test it, and you know what to type in creaturescripts.xml

Lua:
function onLogin(cid)

if getPlayerGroupId(cid) == 1 and getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 50000) == -1 then

dofile("./config.lua")
    env = assert(luasql.mysql()) 
    con = assert(env:connect(mysqlDatabase, mysqlUser, mysqlPass, mysqlHost, mysqlPort))                
    id = getPlayerGUID(cid)           
    assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '0', '10', '0');"))
    assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '1', '10', '0');"))
    assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '2', '10', '0');"))
    assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '3', '10', '0');"))
    assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '4', '10', '0');"))
    assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '5', '10', '0');"))
    assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '6', '10', '0');"))                    
    con:close()
    env:close()

return TRUE
end

lol I forgot that, you'll have to set the storage value of old players to 1 so they don't get resetted

no, wait, which are you using?
creaturescripts/scripts/firstitems.lua?
or
mods/firstitems.xml?

:( well it's up to you to decide what to do
setting the storage value positive, so old players won't be affected by the script
then new created ones will have their fixed skills
zzz

Back