• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Skills won't save!

Thuggeh

Reaction score
My player skills will not save for anything. Every time I log off, they are reset back to 10/10/10/etc.

I've tried Colandus' save scripts:
http://otland.net/showthread.php?t=4242

But it doesn't help. Their skills just won't save! Everything else does, items, level, magic lvl. Just not skills. Any idea?

(Using TFS Mystic Spirit)

I'm not even sure on how to do that with Xampp. I'll poke around, thanks for the info ;)

Wait, mysql server is version 5.0.51a..Phpmyadmin is 2.11.4

Last edited:
My Xampp is fully up to date, I've already done just that :p

So I don't think that's the problem.

Try viewing your player_skills table in SQLyog and add new lines for your character id. I think if they are not in the table, it wont save because it tries to update entries that dont exist

Hm, I just opened it in Phpmyadmin and manually inserted 90 distance for my GOD character. Of course, it worked. But still yet when I advance in other skills it will not save them at all.

You were completely right. How come it doesn't automatically do this for me when I create a character? Or is that because I set something up wrong? Possibly the triggers? It's the same with like 4 characters all created with the TFS account manager.

add to the movement "firstitems" this:
Code:
dofile("./config.lua")
env = assert(luasql.mysql()) 
con = assert(env:connect(mysqlDatabase, mysqlUser, mysqlPass, mysqlHost, mysqlPort))                
id = getPlayerGUID(cid)           
assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '0', '10', '0');"))
assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '1', '10', '0');"))
assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '2', '10', '0');"))
assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '3', '10', '0');"))
assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '4', '10', '0');"))
assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '5', '10', '0');"))
assert(con:execute("INSERT INTO `player_skills` (`player_id` ,`skillid` ,`value` ,`count`) VALUES ('" .. id .. "', '6', '10', '0');"))					
con:close()
env:close()

now when a new player is created and he gets his items, the skillids will be created...
hope this helps

Last edited:
anyone know why it's not adding skills? i'm using a evolutions based map with tfs server (latest) i copied the map, acions, npc, and monster... i keep trying on a knight against a training monk but it kept giving clouds, skills were not going up

For got to add that skill rate is 65x

@up: Do you have the option "cannot attack same boot color"? Try changing the boot color if so. :p

Also thanks Markey, that works wonderfully, although I disabled the account manager. Thanks =)

Back