• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Slow Terrible files transfer from my own PC to VPS Linux by WinSCP

kubqq

Xyntera Global 8.60 - in progress
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello. Have anybody meybe idea how to fix the problem with very very very slow transfer files by WinSCP? I read something about diffrent connection (PC - VPS), I dont have any limit transfer also but really 30-250 KB/s is really not enough.

Really - this is really very difficult to do anything, for example when I did have to transfer my boost folder to compile, I have to wait 3-4 hours to upload that....

Please, ppl who fixed that, can help me ?

Big Regards

Hello. Have anybody meybe idea how to fix the problem with very very very slow transfer files by WinSCP? I read something about diffrent connection (PC - VPS), I dont have any limit transfer also but really 30-250 KB/s is really not enough.

Really - this is really very difficult to do anything, for example when I did have to transfer my boost folder to compile, I have to wait 3-4 hours to upload that....

Please, ppl who fixed that, can help me ?

Big Regards
File transfer speed is very low. WinSCP does not utilize all available bandwidth. How do I improve the transfer speed? :: WinSCP (https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_slow)

it may help if you choose different encryption algorithm on SSH page of Advanced Size Settings dialog (supposing you are using SSH-based file transfer protocol, such as SFTP or SCP). When using SSH, file transfers in WinSCP are encrypted and encryption is CPU intensive. Either your local workstation or your server might not be able to encrypt file transfer stream at the same speed, your connection is able to transfer it. Blowfish is usually a lot faster than AES.

It may also help if you turn off compression, if you have turned it on before.

Back