• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sms donation?

Wolfsong

A Black Hat
Reaction score
Hello there.
I felt that I just had to ask.
Is there any time soon that any sms paying service will be introduced so I can buy premium with my phone?
I just spent all my money at paypal for buying gold at Heroes of Newerth :p

If not could anyone give me a little tutorial how to insert money from my phone into paypal? I've read somewhere that I can..
Sincerely, Wolfsong

Ehm is there any tutorial for paygol? Never used it before >.<
I am not needing it for a server or anything just want to be able to get money into it and then be able to transfer to paypal :)

From a business standpoint, SMS payment methods are a complete farce.
People clearly do not understand that it is all a scam.

You can't just pay $2 or 2€ and get expect to get the same amount on PayPal.
All SMS payment method companies charge you for using their system.

For example, if you want to use PayGol:
In the US, if you send $2 from your phone to your PayPal account or anyone, you will only get $0.57.
In the UK, if you send 2€ from your phone to your PayPal account or anyone, you will only get about 1€.
Fees for other countries on PayGol can be found here: http://www.paygol.com/coverage

All SMS payment method companies have similar numbers, some less strict and some more strict, just know one thing: don't expect full payment.

And last but not least, if you do this foolish crap, don't expect to receive money instantly.
It requires up to 60 days to collect the money, it's just not worth it.

All of this is the reason why real companies and businesses do NOT and NEVER WILL accept SMS payment methods.

----------------
Additional stuff:
Here's another example, this time from ZayPay in the US:
If you pay $9.99 by calling, you will receive only $5.20. And you will receive that money in 97 days.
If you pay $9.99 by SMS, you will receive only $3.00. And you will receive that money in 137 days.

It's a motherfucking scam

Last edited:
From a business standpoint, SMS payment methods are a complete farce.
People clearly do not understand that it is all a scam.

You can't just pay $2 or 2€ and get expect to get the same amount on PayPal.
All SMS payment method companies charge you for using their system.

For example, if you want to use PayGol:
In the US, if you send $2 from your phone to your PayPal account or anyone, you will only get $0.57.
In the UK, if you send 2€ from your phone to your PayPal account or anyone, you will only get about 1€.
Fees for other countries on PayGol can be found here: PayGol - Worldwide coverage and payouts

All SMS payment method companies have similar numbers, some less strict and some more strict, just know one thing: don't expect full payment.

And last but not least, if you do this foolish crap, don't expect to receive money instantly.
It requires up to 60 days to collect the money, it's just not worth it.

All of this is the reason why real companies and businesses do NOT and NEVER WILL accept SMS payment methods.

----------------
Additional stuff:
Here's another example, this time from ZayPay in the US:
If you pay $9.99 by calling, you will receive only $5.20. And you will receive that money in 97 days.
If you pay $9.99 by SMS, you will receive only $3.00. And you will receive that money in 137 days.

It's a motherfucking scam

You may get less money, but some people don't have paypal and won't donate without phone so overall it's better to have both?

I guess it doesn't matter for people who run OpenTibia servers.
But in reality, in a real business, you don't want to be selling products that cost much more than you'll receive.

>>wat

In sweden you send a sms/call a number to get tickets to buss etc, huge gaming companies use it (nexon, riot etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc)
Besides you do earn a lot by accepting payments through phone/sms since it gives so many new customers, yes you might not get all of the money they pay but you still get enough for it to be worth it, especially in like ots since the majority of the players can't pay with credit cars cuz underaged etc.

Indeed, Nexon and Riot accept those payment methods, but they charge more to make up for the profit loss.
For example, on Riot:
$5 payment with credit card: 650 RP
$5 with SMS: 412 RP

It really isn't worth it

Back