• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solteria - Development Thread

Hello :)

After long break we came back to refreshing our map and stuff on the server for - hopefully - next launch!

1643660657374.png

1643660675015.png

1643660706199.png

1643660901278.png

We want to keep the server as long as possible - we don't have any pay to win in the shop and we don't plan to have any significant income from the server. All donations gonna be used into server further advertisement and server stability. All the items included in the store are not gonna be pay to win. There will be mostly cosmetics such as outfits/mounts/decorations and addon boxed which will contain some addon items (like 5 honeycombs, 3 vampire dusts etc. - it will depend on the tier of the box).

We prepared some incoming updates to make server alive over time. If you are interested in our project feel free to join our discord and/or create account on our website www.solteria.eu.

If you need help about getting started or read some more informations about our currencies and mechanics, visit our BEGINNERS GUIDE.

I wanna touch this topic, especially the bolded phrase. Since we can see that server is offline, how did this approach change now? What is the goal for next launch, which you also have already mentioned that there will be one. What can we expect from next launch, are you gonna invest into marketing to generate bigger population compared to previous launch? Do you have any roadmap planned or just winging it?

I wanna touch this topic, especially the bolded phrase. Since we can see that server is offline, how did this approach change now? What is the goal for next launch, which you also have already mentioned that there will be one. What can we expect from next launch, are you gonna invest into marketing to generate bigger population compared to previous launch? Do you have any roadmap planned or just winging it?
Server was constantly updated until we had people on it. Not gonna lie we had a pretty major bug on launch according to tasks and counting kills towards tasks which made many people irritated and after our bug fixes (the next day) they probably didn't log back in. Our server had around 2 months of constant updates (you can check our discord for changelogs). We received many feedback from players and decided to fix everything slowly. We already prepared:
  • many revamps of older content (completely revisited one city and all surroundings for example),
  • added 4 events that will cycle daily in prime EU time (like bomberman, firestorm etc.),
  • reworked early level quests and city design because we noticed that the biggest percent loss of players were low level ones. If someone maintained to lets say 60-80+ level they rarely quit so we constantly try to upgrade early levels and make better introduction to our world,
  • we also added high level content like custom spawns of deathlings, cobras, falcons and some custom monsters (these spawns often include some puzzles or quests),
  • on top of that we decided to add some mini bosses that can be soloable since we only had daily bosses that were possible to kill only with party (due to damage or health/healing they had),
  • some puzzles and secret finders also will have a good time here - every island has some hidden corners or complex quests that require reading books and/or speaking with certain NPC's,
  • we also plan to add some custom features to vocations via upgrading or tasking, for example exori con of paladin instead of one hit would hit 3 times but a bit weaker (for example 3x 60% instead of 100% of dmg) but it is still only a plan and we need some tests if it won't break balance before adapting it live

About marketing - our last edition was well-known but the problem was that bigger projects like saros OTS and cyntara launched day before or the same day as we did and people prefered servers that were on the market for quite some time over new project. Sadly enough we survived longer than these servers, but people in Tibia are hard to convince that we try to do our best to make great server and they often choose p2w projects or servers which launch every two months with zero changes (I am not talking that cyntara or saros are like that, it was just example).

There was no point of continuing updates with 0 players online so we decided to close the server's doors for almost a year and work on that so one day we will be finally able to launch it once and let people play for how long they want.

so now Saros is dead, cyntara is bullshit so maybe you are gonna launch it cuz there is NO server to play and have fun

so now Saros is dead, cyntara is bullshit so maybe you are gonna launch it cuz there is NO server to play and have fun
Of course we will as soon as we are ready for solid launch. It won't be fun and satisfying for us to launch an unfinished idea of our server, I was disappointed too many times with servers that rushed launch date (we did the same thing on first edition and we learn quickly so we don't want to do it 2nd time). Stay tuned :)

Of course we will as soon as we are ready for solid launch. It won't be fun and satisfying for us to launch an unfinished idea of our server, I was disappointed too many times with servers that rushed launch date (we did the same thing on first edition and we learn quickly so we don't want to do it 2nd time). Stay tuned :)
"unfinished" its quite funny word here, I hope, if the server will be really good, that you never gonna finish this server, ur gonna develop it more and more for more content and fun

"unfinished" its quite funny word here, I hope, if the server will be really good, that you never gonna finish this server, ur gonna develop it more and more for more content and fun
Well it won't be finished in terms of content, but we are finishing the Quality of Life things on website, wikipedia etc. as well as some server mechanics that will make creating future updates smoother. I didn't mean finishing a map or spawns or quests because we will of course expand it within time :)

EDIT: To illustrate what we actually do,
  • selling/buying feature which will show the locations of specific NPCs
  • interactive respawn map
  • website which works on mobile phones
unknown2.pngunknown.png

Last edited:
Well it won't be finished in terms of content, but we are finishing the Quality of Life things on website, wikipedia etc. as well as some server mechanics that will make creating future updates smoother. I didn't mean finishing a map or spawns or quests because we will of course expand it within time :)

EDIT: To illustrate what we actually do,
View attachment 66173View attachment 66174
Oh ok so I misunderstood. I just can't wait untill I play this server, I'm so frustrated of situation with ots generally ...

Full interactive map preview. Map has same look as in minimap . Only ground and upper floors are visible. Undergrounds remain not visible so players must explore.unknown-49.png

We are happy to announce that we finished our previously noted tasks such as:
Now we are starting to fix known bugs, work on map details such as quests and bosses with some unique mechanics and many more :)
Some new sneak peeks:

hive.png

gloothgolems.jpg

feyrist.png

feyrist2.png

diremaws.png

I remember playing this for a bit, it was labelled as a RPG type server, however felt more like a low rate OrshOT where the NPCs/world had no life. For example, You'd say hello to a NPC and it would immediately sound like it was halfway through a conversation with you. "Hi" "Whats that? You want a task?" (What? I didn't say anything about a task)
No other dialogue apart from the obvious, felt like no secrets, and catered to the dumbest of people.
The spawns were boring shit you'd find in a early YurOTS. Just monsters spammed around. Maybe thats what Tibia is these days so I'm out of touch.

Hopefully a lot has changed since I played it last, as I genuinely believe the dev's wanted to make what I was looking for in a server, yet it kinda failed to deliver. Some might find it fun, but for me the cohesion of the world wasn't there.

I will definitely give it another crack to see what's different.

I remember playing this for a bit, it was labelled as a RPG type server, however felt more like a low rate OrshOT where the NPCs/world had no life. For example, You'd say hello to a NPC and it would immediately sound like it was halfway through a conversation with you. "Hi" "Whats that? You want a task?" (What? I didn't say anything about a task)
No other dialogue apart from the obvious, felt like no secrets, and catered to the dumbest of people.
The spawns were boring shit you'd find in a early YurOTS. Just monsters spammed around. Maybe thats what Tibia is these days so I'm out of touch.

Hopefully a lot has changed since I played it last, as I genuinely believe the dev's wanted to make what I was looking for in a server, yet it kinda failed to deliver. Some might find it fun, but for me the cohesion of the world wasn't there.

I will definitely give it another crack to see what's different.
Thanks for your feedback :)
I agree that some dialogues are designed that even "dumb" people can find some content to work with. It is mainly created in towns so you can find some topics that you can focus on (as you pointed tasks and some main organisations have it directly in the dialogue that you can join them) but in the overall world we had and will have (still adding more) secrets and hidden dialogues with NPC if you find specific item or word.
First edition was pretty raw compared to the world we worked for over a year now (since last edition) so I hope you won't be disappointed this time 😀.
At the end we also wanted to lock some bosses or spawns behind small access so people won't rush brainlessly to the end game spawns. On the other hand we had to do it reasonable difficult so people won't complain that you need to work 3 days to enter just one spawn that can be replaced within ~30 levels.
I hope you understand our point of view.
Currently we designed some puzzles for solo, duo and even group content around the world that awards you with some cosmetics or equipment.

Thanks for your feedback :)
I agree that some dialogues are designed that even "dumb" people can find some content to work with. It is mainly created in towns so you can find some topics that you can focus on (as you pointed tasks and some main organisations have it directly in the dialogue that you can join them) but in the overall world we had and will have (still adding more) secrets and hidden dialogues with NPC if you find specific item or word.
First edition was pretty raw compared to the world we worked for over a year now (since last edition) so I hope you won't be disappointed this time 😀.
At the end we also wanted to lock some bosses or spawns behind small access so people won't rush brainlessly to the end game spawns. On the other hand we had to do it reasonable difficult so people won't complain that you need to work 3 days to enter just one spawn that can be replaced within ~30 levels.
I hope you understand our point of view.
Currently we designed some puzzles for solo, duo and even group content around the world that awards you with some cosmetics or equipment.
Yeah thats fine mate, honestly was more "hey this is how it felt as player" not "shitOT blah blah blah", will definitely give it a go this edition.

Back