• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ [SOLVED] Connecting to game server hangs

lukatxd

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm trying to put online a TFS 1.X (just cloned it from master) and enter it with OTClient. I already tried OTC by edubart and Mehah and both clients are stuck in the screen after choosing a character and before getting to actually play.
Still only running it in localhost, all ports are open (individually both tcp/udp 7171 and 7172) and with a rule for the programs forgottenserver and otclient to allow any port on any protocol on any place.

Account and players were created with MyAcc, I had to hardcode my MySql connection string because it wasnt finding my port on 7789.

The ONLY thing I modified was on TFS source to allow 1098 clients to login, that way I could get the spr+dat I had available and put it on OTC for a -supposedly- quick start.

Here are some screenshots I have. If more code is needed I can provide.1677378921968.png1677378942141.png1677378893569.png

If you cloned it from master I suppose the server is supports version 12.80 as seen in the screenshot below. If that's the case, protocol 10.98 and 12.80 are not compatible and the client hangs while waiting for information that will never come because some message ids are different, messages are formatted differently, etc... Essentially it's a protocol mismatch and any out of place byte will cause things to not work properly.

tfs.png

1.5 is for 12.x Tibia (or the newest) so obviously that won't work, use TFS 1.4.2.
I see, I thought using OTC would kind of bypass the tibia client limitation. I'll try what you said
Post automatically merged:

It worked! Thanks so much guys!

I still struggled a bit because now both OTC wouldnt login with the server as "localhost", but it worked when I tried using 127.0.0.1.

1677387374714.png

Last edited:
Back