• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved [SOLVED] (Newbie) Trying to create a private server for my own use only

Solution
Since you are familiar with xml, I wouldn't just go jumping into the latest distros.. because of the complexity of the scripts, unless you have some background in oop.

Use the server @LordVissie suggested, believe it or not some of us still do write scripts for the older distros and it will help you get familar with the structure of the server, plus the tools to compile are not as complicated to get working or heavy on system resources as the latest version of tfs.

Even the websites, tools, map editors etc will work with previous versions of tfs.
As said: In the Config.lua you change to use a Sqlite database instead of Mysql, and you wont have to use hamachi, xamp, uniserver or anything else really. You just press TFS.exe and server starts and you can login on 127.0.0.1/localhost

And... no, RME, 8.6 Client, TFS 0.3.6 and you're good to go.. Or, actually: you'll need an ip-changer aswell so that the tibia-client connects to your server(change to 127.0.0.1/localhost) and not CIPs.

Ip-changer can be found at otservlist.org or here on the forums somewhere(easy to find, perhaps google: ip-changer otland.net)

When you want to go further next step is Xamp/Uniserver and using Mysql database(You can still be offline).

Why would you want to suggest something which is completly outdated and well known for enough errors which will never be fixed.
It's like telling someone to learn python in order to get to know c++, it just doesn't make sense at all.
You should by all times stick to the newest software and get familiar with it since it's the one which you'll mostly work in the future with, as it's the only one still under development.

Because he asked for it? He asked for the easiest possible solution to start out and do some mapping and running around on it.. not much more. You want to advice him to use TFS1.+, learn to compile it, make his own Tibia-client and setup a website when he is literally saying he does not want any of that?

I was just thinking about it and I saw that wasn't correct but then you can also just take 15 more minutes and install a website.

You would need website(AAC/Gesior)(No acc-maker in later TFS-versions, remember? :p ) aswell as mysql server(we're still talking about something completely offtopic)

This thread is hilarious :)

1) There are enough pre compiled 1.1 / 1.2 exe around (32 and 64 bit)
2) You still do not need a website in order to host a mysql server
3) If he stumbles uppon errors or script aint working for him as he uses an outdated software, I'm sure you all will be there immediatly to help him...

You setup such a server once, takes less than 10 minutes even for someone who has basicly no knowledge and then you'll atleast be able to keep up with the newest stuff which will be / is around.

3) If he stumbles uppon errors or script aint working for him as he uses an outdated software, I'm sure you all will be there immediatly to help him...

You setup such a server once, takes less than 10 minutes even for someone who has basicly no knowledge and then you'll atleast be able to keep up with the newest stuff which will be / is around.

lol?

1, No.
2, Yes. On TFS 1.+ because there is no support for "account manager".
3, Yes, most likely. And most likely there are about 10x more people with knowledege and experience of the earlier distros than the latest relases.
4, No. Setting up a Mysql server + AAC, finding a pre-compiled 8.6 compatible TFS1.+ version takes AT LEAST 10 hours + if you're new to this stuff.
5, you've missed the requests of OP completely

Oh.. yeah lol, I just woke up my brain still a bit braindeath.

This reminds me I have to make some more coffee so that my "morning state of awareness"(my brain maxes out early morning during first zips of coffee :D ) doesn't die with this thread :D

TFS 1.x requires either a website or knowledge of sql, the distro that both myself and @LordVissie suggested requires neither, you can simply change the sql type in config to sqlite as @Sinth suggested and log in with 1/1 and modify the xml or lua files so u can use the commands and spells as if u were a god character, or just change the group of player to that of a god.

lol?

1, No.
2, Yes. On TFS 1.+ because there is no support for "account manager".
3, Yes, most likely. And most likely there are about 10x more people with knowledege and experience of the earlier distros than the latest relases.
4, No. Setting up a Mysql server + AAC, finding a pre-compiled 8.6 compatible TFS1.+ version takes AT LEAST 10 hours + if you're new to this stuff.
5, you've missed the requests of OP completely

This reminds me I have to make some more coffee so that my "morning state of awareness"(my brain maxes out early morning during first zips of coffee :D ) doesn't die with this thread :D
1) https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/releases/tag/v1.1 (took me not even 1 minute to find)
2) If you go by that point that you do that just for the sole purpose of creating an account then he'd still have to go into the database in order to change stuff to make him a god, where I'd rather provide him a database scheme which has a preset of characters with 1/1
3) Will never happen and you know that as good as I do.
4) good joke may I have a laugh?
5) I just don't want to have another crybaby later on because stuff doesn't want to work out and no one has even the slightest thought of helping him then.
TFS 1.x requires either a website or knowledge of sql, the distro that both myself and @LordVissie suggested requires neither, you can simply change the sql type in config to sqlite as @Sinth suggested and log in with 1/1 and modify the xml or lua files so u can use the commands and spells as if u were a god character, or just change the group of player to that of a god.
You are right on this end I don't disagree ofcourse it's easier with sqlite but if we go by that example then we wont have anyone here capable of doing anything in the next 2 years anymore since no one wants to adapt and learn.

1) https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/releases/tag/v1.1 (took me not even 1 minute to find)
2) If you go by that point that you do that just for the sole purpose of creating an account then he'd still have to go into the database in order to change stuff to make him a god, where I'd rather provide him a database scheme which has a preset of characters with 1/1
3) Will never happen and you know that as good as I do.
4) good joke may I have a laugh?
5) I just don't want to have another crybaby later on because stuff doesn't want to work out and no one has even the slightest thought of helping him then.

1, You, yes. Good for you. It would take even less time for someone with more experience, im sure, we're still trying to help a guy whos openly stating he has little to none experience and wants the fastest and easiest solution to just get started.
2, I doubt he cares if he has God-mode on a character or not if he has not even created his map.
3, No. The support for older versions is a lot better because, as said, there's at least 10x more people with knowledge and experience of it. And most new stuff have more bugs than older stuff, especially when its for an older Tibia-client.
4, Sure, im laughing at you so you're free to laugh back :)
5, I'm rather sure that "you" wont "have" another crybaby either way. Unless you are paid and obligated to answer questions and help out here?

You are right on this end I don't disagree ofcourse it's easier with sqlite but if we go by that example then we wont have anyone here capable of doing anything in the next 2 years anymore since no one wants to adapt and learn.

That's what YOU think. As said, newcomers are easily overwhelmed and just leave if you drop too much info on them. If they leave - there won't even be people here to "adapt and learn"..

an old boxing-trainer once asked me, on the subject of mastering the pugilistic art, how do you eat an elephant?

-Start with 1 bite / Piece by piece. And that is a rule that applies to basically everything - start slow and easy, dont bite off more than you can chew etc.

I would like to thank you all sincerely for your contribution, help, advice and basically everything... I have managed to successfully set up the server and log in :)

If I may, could you please tell me how to create a GM character and how to grant premium to a specific account and/or give a list of commands for my version of the server? Thanks in advance!
Best regards!

Commands : https://otland.net/threads/basic-commands-and-their-effects-from-tutor-to-god.193772/#post-1870475

Tried most of it and it's not 100% working but as far as I know the most complete list.

Config.lua:
Free premium = True

http://sqlitebrowser.org/ to access the sqlite database. Find your Character(It's called "Player" in the DB) and change his "Group-id" to 6

No personal experience of how to manage Sqlite databases but according to most people its easier than Mysql/Phpmyadmin so shouldn't be any problems finding it with some patience and coffee :)

You can see your commands as God/CM and as a normal player at data > Talkactions > talkactions.xml.

You can give premium to all accounts in your Config.lua > freePremium = true.

Umm..

data->xml->outfits.xml

Addons I haven't figured out actually, not looked into it... looking forward for an answer on that aswell( I think I have enabled all outfits somewhere but still not working in-game)

edit: also, not all outfits/looktypes will work.. but you can for example add the looktype of 'Elf' as an outfit but as said not all will work(no clue as to why)

edit 2: Check this out aswell:

http://sleqqus.idl.pl/tlg/#128:78:69:58:76:0:0

But, it's for Tibia 10+ so not all will work... (That site/app is great for finding your looktypes for NPCs and monsters)

Back