• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling SOLVED Simulate real players for stability testing

Tony32

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hello.
I had a server back in the day that crashed for no apparent reason and no error logs, so I was thinking that I would like to solve the problem. The server ran fine for days without any players/stress on the server, but when it got online and got some players the crashes started. I'm not sure if it was some bug abuse or just some other problem, that brings me to the question I'm asking.

Is there a way to make virtual players (not npc monsters) but fake instances of players to place randomly on the map and make them move around aimlessly (just to put some strain on the server) to see if the server will go down and be able to debug it?

Thanks.

I think your best bet is to run the server with the GNU GDB Debugger and wait for the server to crash.

not rly
easiest way would be to start tons of mcs with magebot and enable autoexploring (this will make them run around randomly atleast) but its not close to stimulating real players

That's some nice ideas. Thanks. I don't have magebot so I can't do that, and also, @Znote that will be hard as the server never crashed when it was empty (or just me and +2 others were online)

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I just want to tell people I solved it. Problem was a bad RAM stick so it crashed the server randomly when up for a while.

Back