• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Solved]Website... Help

Spankarn

Reaction score
[06/05/2013 20:33:20] Failed connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Unknown MySQL server host 'otserv' (0) (2005)

[06/05/2013 20:33:20] > ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database!

Why do i always get that error!?!?!?...
This sh*t makes me so mad...
i've working on my ot for a long time now and today i decided to make a website because i'm soon going to open it..
then i get that error when i'm gonna start my server...

I use uniserver..
and i don't have forgotten server.sql i took schemas->mysql.sql that file...

then i get Import has been successfully finished, 71 queries executed. (mysql.sql)

but when i'm going to start as i said i get that freaking error up there...

can someone help me?:)
it would be awesome if i get this too work!

Code:
	sqlType = "mysql"
	sqlHost = "localhost"
	sqlPort = 3306
	sqlUser = "otserv"
	sqlPass = "mohahaha wont tell ya...:P"
	sqlDatabase = "otserv"
	sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
	sqlKeepAlive = 0
	mysqlReadTimeout = 10
	mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
	encryptionType = "sha1"

That's my config.lua..
Help me please!
Thanks!

Last edited:
i guess you have an user called otserv no? because when you use programs like xampp and uniserver, the master user is called "root", so if you are using another user called "otserv", at least, you created it no?

i guess you have an user called otserv no? because when you use programs like xampp and uniserver, the master user is called "root", so if you are using another user called "otserv", at least, you created it no?

Hmm so waait a min!!!:D
do you mean a user on phpmyadmin or ?:eek:

Can you explain little more:)
or do you mean that i need to create a new user on uniserver or something?
thanks for your comment:)

Last edited:
I still get that error:(

sqlUser = "root"

I changed sqlUser = "otserv" too sqlUser = "root"

but i get the error...

[06/05/2013 20:33:20] Failed connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Unknown MySQL server host 'otserv' (0) (2005)

As your error message shows, you must have in your localhost mysql server a database called 'otserv' or whatever you want to call it, just need to change this parameter:

sqlDatabase = "otserv"

In addittion of this, you must have an user that has access to this database. 'root' has access to all databases normally, so basically make sure that you have a database created with the right name (must be exactly the same as you added in sqlDatabase parameter, case-sensitive) and an user that has access to this database.

Last edited:

As your error message shows, you must have in your localhost mysql server a database called 'otserv' or whatever you want to call it, just need to change this parameter:

sqlDatabase = "otserv"

In addittion of this, you must have an user that has access to this database. 'root' has access to all databases normally, so basically make sure that you have a database created with the right name (must be exactly the same as you added in sqlDatabase parameter, case-sensitive) and an user that has access to this database.

Look i have a user on phpmyadmin called otserv and it's exactly like i've got in sqlDatabase:(

Or wait do you mean that i need to make a new database called otserv?:eek:
or do you mean like: if i make a new file called forgottenserver.sql then i copy everything i've got in mysql and paste it in the forgottenserver.sql..
then in phpmyadmin i chose forgottenserver.sql instead of mysql.sql?:p

give me a nice "tutorial/explain how i should do:)"

Create new database "otserv" and then import the forgottenserver.sql or mysql.sql (it depends how your file name is)

Is that the only error you gettin?

Yea it is..

Code:
[08/05/2013 15:01:44] Failed connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) (2003)

[08/05/2013 15:01:44] > ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database!

Last edited:
Back