• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Some help? :)

Wason

UnKnow Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I'd like to find someone to help me how can i increase the following things:-

1-How to fix Runes to be ~% Heal & Mana
2-Monstes increase dmg ~%
3-Weaponsincrease dmg ~%
4-spells increase dmg ~%

TFS 0.4 rev3884

Last edited:
How do you think you are able to build and run a server, if you don't know how to change the most default scripts around?

And how do you define "100% of everything"? d:

How do you think you are able to build and run a server, if you don't know how to change the most default scripts around?

And how do you define "100% of everything"? d:

i can...
but i think Increase in dmg & health & spells & monsters..etc must be in source? d: ...

i can...
but i think Increase in dmg & health & spells & monsters..etc must be in source? d: ...
It can be done either way, sources would just be way easier imo. Runes are just scripts on their self, and I don't think you want to have every rune heal any %, formulas have been invented for a reason.

It's just not really clear; what percentages should they be based on?

ps; isn't this supposed to be in the support since it's a request on "how to"?

It can be done either way, sources would just be way easier imo. Runes are just scripts on their self, and I don't think you want to have every rune heal any %, formulas have been invented for a reason.

It's just not really clear; what percentages should they be based on?

ps; isn't this supposed to be in the support since it's a request on "how to"?
Edited stop posting please.

Edited stop posting please.
I only stated my opinion. If you had read my post (which you have clearly not): I asked you what % it should be based on so I could maybe give you any advice where to look.

But if you feel offended, please feel that way and go figure out yourself.

Hello guys,
How should i fix my server using 100% of everything...

Examples:-
1-How to fix Runes to be ~% Heal & Mana
2-Monstes dmg ~%
3-Weapons dmg ~%
4-spells dmg ~%

TFS 0.4 rev3884

If literally everything is going to be percentages, assuming that a maximum amount of something is 100%, then you could say that just changing every creature's max. mana and HP to 100, and making costs and damages of all mechanics use (between 1 and 100) resource would be a very easy way to go about it. I don't know what you need this for, but making pretty much everything in percentages is very limiting.

In this example, if a creature has 100% health (100 health) and you deal 5 damage to it, you dealt 5% damage.
If some spell costs 20 mana, that's 20% cost, etc.

But this pretty much limits you to work with values between 1-100 all the time.

Either way, to put out some information related to percentages, here are some ways percentage based calculations and costs can already be done in XML in Lua:

Rune and spell costs can already be defined in percentages in spells.xml, like:
Code:
manapercent = "50"
which would make this cost 50% mana to use.

In spell formulas, you can use:

Code:
local percent = 65
local damage = (getCreatureMaxHealth(target) * (percent*0.01))
local min = damage
local max = damage
return -min, -max

And now the damage of this is going to be 65% of the target's max health.

For weapon damage you would do the same trick in weapons.xml scripts, if you wanna use scripted weapons, otherwise you would have to go to weapons.cpp and change
how damage of weapons is interpreted from "1" point being "1" damage to "1" point being "1% of current target's max health".

For monsters, to avoid editing sources, you'd make a new spell called "MonsterMelee" for example, and make that spell use a formula such as the one I wrote above, and make your monsters use this spell for doing damage instead of their regular "melee" or whatever they're using.

Anyway, without being more specific about what your intentions with this percentage stuff are, it's hard to know whether the things I suggested are the most optimal ways of doing it, but that should give you an idea.

If literally everything is going to be percentages, assuming that a maximum amount of something is 100%, then you could say that just changing every creature's max. mana and HP to 100, and making costs and damages of all mechanics use (between 1 and 100) resource would be a very easy way to go about it. I don't know what you need this for, but making pretty much everything in percentages is very limiting.

In this example, if a creature has 100% health (100 health) and you deal 5 damage to it, you dealt 5% damage.
If some spell costs 20 mana, that's 20% cost, etc.

But this pretty much limits you to work with values between 1-100 all the time.

Either way, to put out some information related to percentages, here are some ways percentage based calculations and costs can already be done in XML in Lua:

Rune and spell costs can already be defined in percentages in spells.xml, like:
Code:
manapercent = "50"
which would make this cost 50% mana to use.

In spell formulas, you can use:

Code:
local percent = 65
local damage = (getCreatureMaxHealth(target) * (percent*0.01))
local min = damage
local max = damage
return -min, -max

And now the damage of this is going to be 65% of the target's max health.

For weapon damage you would do the same trick in weapons.xml scripts, if you wanna use scripted weapons, otherwise you would have to go to weapons.cpp and change
how damage of weapons is interpreted from "1" point being "1" damage to "1" point being "1% of current target's max health".

For monsters, to avoid editing sources, you'd make a new spell called "MonsterMelee" for example, and make that spell use a formula such as the one I wrote above, and make your monsters use this spell for doing damage instead of their regular "melee" or whatever they're using.

Anyway, without being more specific about what your intentions with this percentage stuff are, it's hard to know whether the things I suggested are the most optimal ways of doing it, but that should give you an idea.

that's what im talking about thank you and i'll try & fix those things tomorrow :)

I want to say this publicly, % values on a big scale like that can cause a huge amount of head aches. Ill use bosses for an example, because everyone loves a good boss fight.

Boss health = 100% Never can go any higher
Player level 200 hits for 3%
Player level 8 hits for 10% (for a low level hunting advantage in this example)

Event triggers, 40 players show up. Level 8 is going to hit a lot harder than the level 200 for starters, as well as the fact, some players may not even get to hit it at all because it has already died. Your level 200 might die in 3 shots because the boss is hitting for 40%. Yes all players are loosing the same amount of hp, but the number values are drastically different in the HP area. Your spells would all hit differently as well. Your talking a huge mess from PvP to new hunting spawns. What would happen if you hit a monster for 200% on accident? Will it debug the spawn? Will the monster die 2 times? I dont know, it would probably 1 hit it, but those are things to think about before you try something like this

Back