• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Some new(?) interesting info regarding Excalibug/Magic longsword!

Tony32

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Since RealOTS got released I've been lurking round the NPC dialogs and such for legends in Tibia. One of them I started investigating was the Excalibug(Magic longsword). I noticed an npc that used to or will talk about it. (the code is commented out) The NPC's name is "Partos".

Code:
#"excalibug"      -> "Excalibug? No way that I tell you something about it!"
#"grapes"        -> Type=3592, Amount=1, "Do you have any grapes with you?", Topic=1

#Topic=1,"yes",Count(Type)>=Amount -> "What do you want for that ...ohhh... tasty ...uhm... sweet ...drool... delicous ...hmm... grapes?", Delete(Type), Topic=2
#Topic=1,"yes"                            -> "Go away, if you don't have any grapes."
#Topic=1                                  -> *
#Topic=2,"excalibug"                      -> "My late mentor once told me he found a wallcarving about this sword in a cave beneath the castle.", Topic=2
#Topic=2,"wallcarving"                    -> "That part of the dungeon was recently blocked by a cave-in. It was unsecure before, and only a fool would have entered there. I stayed out and alive."
As you can see, this NPC would have only told you about a wallcarving in a cave about the Excalibug ONLY if you gave him grapes. Otherwise he would have told you nothing about it. I've never ever heard anyone talk about this information before, so I think this might be new.

Anyhow, I just went talking to this npc in official Tibia and he doesn't answer to those questions so it is indeed commented out/removed from the game for some reason.

From there I wondered.. Such words as "wallcarving" I've never heard of beeing said to an NPC, so I searched the npc's for "wallcarving" and found out that the joker "Bozo" in Thais castle answers to this word.

Code:
"wallcarving"    -> "Oh, I saw some demoncarvings in the dungeons as I hid there after a little joke on old Stutch."
"demoncarving"  -> "Yes, they showed demons, seven actually, dancing around a sword! In a flaming pit of some kind."
"flaming","pit"  -> "Ah, don't ask me! Usually mages and mystics know more about such stuff."
As you can see, he talks about the ruthless seven and a sword. Hmm. May that be the Excalibug? Probably.

From here, I looked up flaming pit and demoncarving leading to the NPC "Muriel".

Code:
"flaming","pit"  -> "These pits, you refer to, might be the legendary 'Pits of Inferno', also known as the 'Nightmare Pits'."
"pits","inferno" -> "They are rumoured to be hidden somewhere in the Plains of Havoc, far to the east."
As we all know the Pits of Inferno is all know to everyone and from here. I haven't found any information yet.

Also, the npc "Chatterbone" knows about the Excalibug and the flaming pits:

Code:
"flaming","pit"  -> "... we conquered them... held them so long... long ago..."
"excalibug"      -> "... we hid it... so long ago... so long..."

So from this I do not know. Either it is hidden somewhere in PoI or completely somewhere else as Chatterbone hid it (at least he says so). Anyway, the wallcarving/demoncarving the NPC's are talking about are interesting. I just don't have the patience to explore. I hope this inspires you guys to go exploring and hopefully revealing the secrets of Excalibug!

Would be a lot easier to solve this quest If I could somehow access the hardcoded quests.

EDIT: The king Tibianus in 7.7 answered the following to these words:
Code:
"excalibug"      -> "It's the sword of the kings. If you could return this weapon to me I would reward you beyond your dreams."
"reward"        -> "Well, if you want a reward, go on a quest to bring me Excalibug!"
Now if you ask him about the Excalibug he says:

Code:
19:00 King Tibianus: It's the sword of the Kings. If you return this weapon to me I will reward you beyond your wildest dreams.
19:00 xxxxx [11]: reward
19:00 King Tibianus: I don't see how you would deserve a reward right now.
So they changed him. You who owns the legendary Magic Longsword ("Honken" #wiki), go there and ask him about it and let us know what he says!

Last edited:
Maybe you can also look up spike sword quest in rook

Also note that the excalibug and grapes keywords are commented out along with its topics.

Amazing!!
Keep searching please. I do the same, soon I will share some things.

King Tibianus' "reward" keyword is related to the Noodles is Gone Mini Worldchange nowadays.
It is not about the excalibug.

NPCs only talk about it, no NPC actually gives you any item or reward.
The sword can be found in the same place in the 7.7 map as in real tibia.. In the "flaming pit" aka PoI.
bVqZwH1.png

EDIT: The king Tibianus in 7.7 answered the following to these words:
Code:
"excalibug"      -> "It's the sword of the kings. If you could return this weapon to me I would reward you beyond your dreams."
"reward"        -> "Well, if you want a reward, go on a quest to bring me Excalibug!"
Now if you ask him about the Excalibug he says:

Code:
19:00 King Tibianus: It's the sword of the Kings. If you return this weapon to me I will reward you beyond your wildest dreams.
19:00 xxxxx [11]: reward
19:00 King Tibianus: I don't see how you would deserve a reward right now.
So they changed him. You who owns the legendary Magic Longsword ("Honken" #wiki), go there and ask him about it and let us know what he says!

He answers like this cause, there is mini world change added about missing noodles. If u find him he will give u "reward".

However, about the excalibug and grapes.
I'll talk mostly about grapes.

NPC Aruda
Code:
Topic=4,"spouse"                    -> "Well ... I  might have known him a little .. but there was nothing serious.", Topic=5
Topic=5,"fruit"                     -> "I remember that grapes were his favourites. He was almost addicted to them."

Addicted to grapes... Well sounds interesting indeed. We can come to conclusion that they used grapes to make a wine. Not so far to search and we find that indeed some humble monks in Isle of The Kings actually did it, they have some grapes growing out there. And we all know that the monks in tibia are indeed mysterious.

qaymtixitfctmcvyxluoaambbdivxdfbltuomxtezrwrhjanhpodswvheajohloyrqwtyvgatneanelmapybvaacfncxybndxywa

Going back to the wallcarvings and place where the excalibug may be hidden. Many books and npc transcripts point to the POI as u mentioned. Well, many people asume that this place is where the Nightmare Knights hidden the mighty sword.
ebjckeuqqmfglvrxtmgybosybjbqzkmgwazlwimqrnecvibrlneciyackkrxyxqraiyyfajojkqzxglwgsszhcvecaogrmispzbl

And this place is updated, so actually there might be a way...?

Going back to the topic of Nightmare Knights, at the place where we get after Dreamer Challange Quest, more precisely to the library of Nightmare Knights...
We find there a lot of interesting books but this one though:
Code:
 The Nightmare Chronicles Volume VII

... and when the dead feast at midnight
the ancient enemy will no longer guard
the place of his unlucky heir and the
living will walk the paths of the old way.
Death awaits the greedy and the brave
alike and many will be mourned until
the long lost treasure is unearthed...
Long lost treasure...? U guess right, it must be excalibug. But this is not the end of the story.
Belive me or not but the Frodo NPC in Thais cavern which has spoken to a lot of strangers know the same exact text. Though this time it is quoted as him as the song. Song by Hengis Wulfson.
Code:
"hengis","wulfson"         -> "He is a great bard. He often graced my hut with his presence, songs, and rhymes. I wonder what happened to him lately.", Topic=2
Topic=2,"died"             -> "Oh, by the gods! What do you say happened to him?", Topic=3
Topic=2,"killed"           -> *
Topic=2,"dead"             -> *
Topic=2,"death"            -> *
Topic=2,"slain"            -> *
Topic=3,"killed","cyclops" -> "That's horrible! I am in grief. I will never hear his songs again. I will even miss that strange rhyme he was obsessed with.", Topic=4
Topic=3,"slain","cyclops"  -> *
Topic=3,"cyclops","slay"   -> *
Topic=3,"cyclops","kill"   -> *
Topic=4,"rhyme"            -> "He recitated it that often that I learned it by heart myself. I would recitate it, but I am not skilled in that kind of things.", Topic=5
Topic=5,"recitate"         -> "Uhm. If you insist, but I am so awful. I will stop now and then and wait, so you can tell if I should proceed, ok?", Topic=6
Topic=6,"yes"              -> "Well ok, but don't blame me. Chhrrr... chhrrrr,... it goes like this... chhrrr: and when the dead feast at midnight...", Topic=7
Topic=7,"proceed"          -> "... the ancient enemy will no longer guard the place of his unlucky heir and the living will walk the paths of the old way...", Topic=8
Topic=8,"proceed"          -> "... Death awaits the greedy and the brave alike and many will be mourned until the long lost treasure is unearthed.", Topic=9
Topic=9,"proceed"          -> "That's all. He recitated it when he was in one of his melancholy moods."

Diary of Hengis Wulfson:
Code:
Diary of Hengis Wulfson
I can only hope I can escape the
cyclopes someday. For now I have
occupied their chief with an attempt
to learn to read and write, but for
how long?
I'm so desperate.
What a foolish idea to travel here to
search the famous treasures of this
ancient, knightly order.
I wish I had never heard about it.
I wish I never had sung thant song.
No clue how many unfortunate souls I have lured to death with it.

If u would walk around the POH grounds u will quickly find the body of the Hengis Wulfson, or atleast remains of his EQ.
vxtwdouqudvxrsbaqgdxhhpwlyzofystxwdflmkzdiqxvmezlunntqbvioylvxtryjlgtxraihlchecykgydcjezlhhsvmpscwzd

Why this one? Simply, the Hengis Wulfson was a BARD, thats why lyre is a match here. U may also look at the body on the right side, which identy is unknown, but the interesting there is a talon.
Same talon we can find in the place where Hengis Wulfson was imprisoned at, at the cyclops place, also we find the diary of the Hengis there. In chest there is talon and giantsmithammer. Keep in mind that u can find there also longsword wich is common for elves, more likely ab'dendriel place, which would be connection in the dream realm to books talking about the dreamwalking as this topic is also well mentioned in the ab'dendriel libraries and elves know it too. Also the only Cyclop that we can talk to is in Ab'Dendriel, and probably Hengis Wulfson teached himself him to speak human language.

Talon themselves are indeed mysterious item and we don't need to look far to find out that they might place a role in Tibia mysteries. This is due to they are reward of Paradox Tower (where we need grapes also), and they are common item in Demona place where Warlocks tell that they could control lava with them.
That is still not all. Once again at Frodo pub, he tells us the story about the graveyard located north of thais. If we go there and analyse the text, we will find hole behind the tree. Searching thru the coffins we will find some chests with gold but also with 2 books. One of them is property of Alistair Cropwel and second one is Isaac Brewton. First guy in real life is well known Aleister Crowley, and after reading his books irl i can easily tell that probably they got inspired when creating tibia lands from him. Isaac Brewton, u probably can guess yourself who he was irl, his book was about hell and going down. Maybe far connection but going down is a hint to Demona, and more likely to talons. To close the circle, the Alistair body is missing in the thais graveyard, but he also have grave near the necro house near POI.
To close circle even more if we go back to "wallcarvings", Aleister says
Code:
"Alistair Cropwell's Travel Notes

...strange things I saw today! A mighty city, inhabited with fearsome beings. Dark rituals, the reason of which I could not discern. Are these people friend or foe? I do not know. I remain in hiding and observe.. and what is the meaning of this strange talisman that I found? The symbol appears everywhere, I fear it may have powers that could cause damage in the wrong hands.

I have been travelling so long, I can hardly remember the features of my beloved ones. Will they recognise, will they remember me? What will they make of my tales? Oh, that I be back with them, walk the city again...

There is still yet more to tell, for instance the Necro House i mentioned. There is story which again connects to Thais, about the Porgol, Arcian, Muriel and Laira. This story to sum it up quickly:
Arcian had a wife Laira. He build Necro House to explore act of Necromancy, and find teleport to POI. Though his assistant Porgol most likely assassinated him to cause he wanted to become the Necromancer King. Atleast this is what Laira says about it.
Code:
All is lost!
Porgol assassinated my beloved husband. I could flee him here using my secret knowledge of the entrance. The lever is crusted with rust and does not work, but if I return Porgol's undead will rip me into pieces. May the gods forgive me, what I will do now. At least I will be reunited with Arcian soon.
After knowing Porgol made assassination on his husband she commits suicide.
But what is missing in this story is Muriel. Muriel mentiones when asked bout Arcian, that " he moved there and took his wife and his two assistants with him ..."
So he took two assistants with him, where one of them was the Porgol. But who was the second one?
Maybe Laira and Arcian wasn't right, and actually the one who performed the assassination on Arcian wasn't the Porgol but the second assistant. Which the indenty is unknown. Yet many RPG players belive that Porgol, the guy who wanted to become next Necromant King is a Riddler himself located in Paradox Tower. Which would match to this whole topic that i am writing right now.
Magus Firefly talks about it, assuming the Porgol is Riddler "And if Im right and Porgol is the riddler, and Jenny the gentle is Ferumbras mother Ferumba, and Hugo (now the demonbunny) his father and Goshnar his grandfather, we have many interesting stories combining to one bigger one.
We know that the Paradox tower quest is related to Jenny the gentle and additionally to the bonelord language..."
Which would kinda match once again, since we already we could point some connections to the bonelord language, as the Hellgate would be the place below the Ab'dendriel which we talked before, but more likely the real life Alistair Crowley had a lot common with ciphers, codes, gematria, necromancy and stuff mostly common in Hellgate, and also his diary about the "strange city" could be actually Hellgate.

That is all from me, atleast for today, it is really hard to sum it up. My english skills arent that good so sorry for that.
As u can see all those stories have something in common with them, and as many RPG players says, there is some big old quest that is spread among all the tibia continents.
There is a lot of more ineresting connections i would like to share with anyone who is trying those days to solve the mysteries of tibia, but ye... Most likely seems like we are missing something really improtant to glue that stories up and find the begginig of that quest, possibly leading to great rewards, or more important, to the knowledge.

Best Regards
~Vuuya

Last edited:
Wow, what an amazing read. Really appreciate your contribution! Indeed the mysteries are really interesting, but a hard nut to crack.
As of 7.7, I doubt it was solveable. But right now, who knows, maybe! The search must go on. Too bad they deserted rookgaard for Dawnport :/

Recent article from Tibia.com. Maybe it contains some new hints. I'm not so updated to which info we already know about the secrets.
I like how it states about lowering the waterlevel at the Venore desert. In the body on the island there is a golden helmet. Don't know if it's a one-time item or respawns every ss. (Info is from the real cipsoft server 7.7)
http://www.tibia.com/news/?subtopic...5&fendd=21&fendm=10&fendy=2016&flist=01011111

So I decided to dedicate myself to another adventure. I got lost in the Jakundaf desert dungeon. To this day, that place is a great enigma to me. I keep coming back to it time and time again; it's so full of memories, full of riddles, full of all the things that I love about adventures and exploration.
Oh, all songs that I sung to win that banshee's heart! I even used my panpipes to play a lament for Othmor once because I thought that they might have been lovers. Apparently not, since it neither moved that blasted lever nor did it lower the water level of Lake Amros.

Stuff like this probably would be hilarious to all of those Germans who played early Tibia or were friends of original developers of this game :D Half of the lore was probably made up with cheesy/kinky/nasty/choosesomethingelse jokes between devs and players and few years laters newer players studied carefully all of the dialogues to find any “clues”.

Hmm the puzzle is almost complete then

Back