• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gamemaster [Sonik] Working Again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyhide

Banned User
Reaction score
~`Sonik's Gamemaster Application`~
Playing Since 7.6, mostly RPGs..

Introduction To Myself..

Before we get started to my application, how about you get to know me some, and know who I am before you decide. Well, my name is Eric, and I'm from Lago Vista, Texas (I'm not a redneck, like most people think Texans are.). When I'm not mapping, or just playing Tibia, I usually run, go to the lake with my friends, or just chill and watch some South Park or American Dad. If I were to classify myself as a person in my school, it would probably have to be the class clown. I always mess with everyone in class xD. I like to play Football, I'm a Left Tackle and Noseguard. My town is kind of small, mostly just retired people, or vacation people. We are a tourist town lol. It hasn't rained here in about 3 months, and it's getting to be around 114 degrees in some parts of the day. Now, enough of that, lets get to the more important parts of the application, shall we?

What Do I Do?

I can do a lot of things, except for scripting, I never really got that down, although I can edit some things, and know how to put it all together and stuff.. In most of the servers I created, or the servers I was a staff member on, I mapped. Mapping is the most fun I have out of the server. It helps me express my creativity xD. I can also make runes, spells, items, custom things, etc. Pretty much anything besides hard scripting. I also know some C++ and PhP.

How Long Have You Been Playing?

I started Tibia back in 7.6, when everything was just now getting good, and the graphics were better than the ones they have now (In My Opinion.). I had a Royal Paladin, whom later got deleted for Inactivity, was level 238. I quit Tibia later on, around 8.31-8.4 (When it got overpopulated with botters.) and started to play Open-Tibia servers. I quickly realized that I could make one of these, so I went to OTFans and started up. OTFans soon started dieing, and I quit then. I came back last year, near this time, and started to make OTs again. So, for a while. I have quite a wide experience in OTs also, I know how to make the XML ones and SQL..

What Kind Of Servers Do You Like?

I usually play Custom RPGs, like Collapsor, Unline, etc. I love how they create their own way to play the game, when they use custom items, and map, vocations, etc. Makes it more interesting. I also enjoy playing Evolutions servers, but not high-rate ones, the most I would go up to in those is 200x.. Sometimes, when I'm feeling it, I enjoy playing ForgottenL servers, but usually quit within 2 weeks because it gets boring quick. I would have to say that my favorite OT ever made was an 8.0 OT back in 2008.. Cloud-Nine.no-ip.org.. It didn't have the biggest community, but the way they planned it out was just brilliant.. Second place would have to go to Unline. I have a lot of friends there, and some of them helped me with my first servers too. I will never forget those times..
As concerning for the job, I would prefer an RPG server with a reliable project manager..

What Important Servers Were You Staff On?

Well, to begin with, I was lead mapper and GM on forgottenl.se for a little bit (GM Kira), and I also was a tutor on collapsor and Dedicated War OT for some time (Kayash). To end it off, a while back, I was a bit by bit Mapper for Unline.org (GM Scarr) (Ingame: Zeit). These may seem like not that much, but it was for me, I take my jobs very seriously.

My Application..

Finally got to the application eh? Well, look below in the 'Code' box for my application (It's more organized xD.).

Code:
Name: Eric Brown
Languages: English, Spanish, and some Dutch
Years Playing OTs: 3
Years Creating OTs: 1 1/2
What Would I Love To Do?: Mapping
What Kind Of Server Would I Prefer?: RPG // Must Be Active, and Have A Reliable Project Commander
What Time Of Day Am I Available?: From 1PM to 11PM-1AM (Central US Time)

Thanks To Everyone That Recommends Me In Advance.

Last edited:
I'll keep you in mind for my project, but I'm not promising anything.

I'll keep you in mind for my project, but I'm not promising anything.

Sure thing dude, as long as its Client Version is not below 7.6, I'll join.
But, I do know you like Old School OTs, so I would prefer 7.6-8.0

@Anyone who is looking at this, I'm still available for a Job, don't think my post with Super was it, because from what I understand from him he is wanting help creating one.

Off-topic for you but not for me. I feel that the nationality plays a big part when it comes to choosing staff members

you should've picked that you were Belgian! waaaay better

Off-topic for you but not for me. I feel that the nationality plays a big part when it comes to choosing staff members
I've told you that I was born in Belgium, grew up there untill I was 4, then moved to Texas.

you should've picked that you were Belgian! waaaay better
Yes yes I know.. The entire world hates America, but it's where I remember the best, I don't remember much about Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back