• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Soul of Shinobi looking for ideas

BulawOw

Soul of Shinobi
Solutions
Reaction score
Soul of Shinobi will be new naruto game with isometric characters created in tfs engine based on popular game which is called tibia.

Right now we are looking for ideas mainly for character skills and also skills mechanics but we are also open for other ideas if u gonna have any.

If u are intrested in merging ur ideas with our game join our discord where u can spill all of ur ideas u hide inside ur head.

Last edited:
- As you may know, there are 5 chakra types in the Naruto Universe, most shinobi are born with affinity for one of these types naturally but in the course of their lives they often learn to handle a secondary type of chakra. Maybe follow that path, let the player choose both types (One at the start, one later on his ninja path) and that could define their skill sets, they could so choose to just have a single affinity and reach hights of mastery in that chakra that no one else can, unlocking the most exclusive jutsus of that element but with the downside of losing variety.

- Continuing with the state above, the mixing of various chakra types creates a new chakra form, would love to see something like that.
For example, guiding myself via wiki, if a character can handle both Fire and Earth chakra, the result of mixing the two varies according to concentrations on each element.
Code:
Fire + Earth = Magma
Earth + Fire = Glass
Fire + Fire = Combustion
Earth + Earth = Metal
I'm guessing that both elements being the same equates to intensity (Would make sense if the player chooses to only master one type of chakra as I said at the beginning) on that chakra energy. Not every earth user can accomplish metal, etc.

• Would be nice to not have the equivalent to vocations, rather what I said above, let the players choose chakra paths. Let them level up as a skill the affinity/mastery in the chakras they choose, unlocking better/more powerful options trough training.
  • Make every chakra type better at some things than others but don't let them become the weaker option, everyone should be able to defend/attack accordingly. That way you will create playstyles that revolve around creativity (especially after choosing your second chakra type)

I know that would mean tons of work, as you may have to account for all possible chakra combinations and create spells for them that actually make sense. I made some basic spellsheet (just 2 spells for each basic type) just to highlight what I meant by "Give every chakra type something they are better than other types".

Code:
-- Basic Jutsus for Fire
{- Soothing Flare (100%Fire Chakra) - Words: Katon Vita
[Heals for 5 ticks based on Fire Mastery.]}

{- Burning Spear (100% Fire Chakra) - Words: Katon Flam
[Deals Fire damage to selected target based on Fire Mastery and applies burning for 3 ticks (10 dmg per tick).]}

-- Basic Jutsus for Wind
{- Healing Wind (100%Wind Chakra) - Words: Fuuton Vita
[Heals for an specific amount based on Wind Mastery.]}

{- Wind Scythe (100%Wind Chakra) - Words: Fuuton Aero
[Deals Wind damage based on Wind Mastery in a cone in front of the target.]}

-- Basic Jutsus for Lightning
{- Vigorizing Spark (100%Lightning Chakra) - Words: Raiton Vita
[Heals for an specific amount based on Lightning Mastery.]}

{- Electric Surge (100%Lightning Chakra) - Words: Raiton Vis
[Deals Lightning damage to selected target based on Lightning Mastery.]}

-- Basic Jutsus for Earth
{- Nature Regeneration (100%Earht Chakra) - Words: Doton Vita
[Heals for 10 ticks based on Earth Mastery.]}

{- Rock Throw (100%Earth Chakra) - Words: Doton Hur
[Deals Earth Damage to selected target based on Earth Mastery and slows target by 25% for 3 seconds.]}

-- Basic Jutsus for Water
{- Miracle Waters (100%Water Chakra) - Words: Suiton Vita
[Heals for an specific amount based on Water Mastery.]}

{- Water Bomb (100%Water Chakra) - Words: Suiton Mas
[Deals Water damage based on Water Mastery in a small radius around the caster.]}

In these examples I made clear a couple of things regarding my points:
1) Everyone is able to heal, at least with basic options.
2) Fire users have a damage over time effect (so enemies/other players should be not able to cleanse them easily, else it would be pointless)
3) Wind users have a frontal AoE attack jutsu, which means they are good at crowd control, at least if they can make some space between them and the enemies.
4) Lightning users have a single target attack, which should mean they are focused on heavy damage to single target, make that count.
5) Earth users have a single target attack too, but instead of high damage, they inflict moderate damage and a status effect with it.
6) Water types have an AoE focused around them, which could make them good tanks later on.
The "100% x Chakra" after the spell name is to know which chakra types and concentration it uses, a 100% Fire Chakra would only scale damage/healing using that Chakra. A 50-50 would mean that damage/healing is enhanced by the levels of those 2 chakra masteries.
They are the first ideas I came up with, tried to help as much as I could, hope you find some of them interesting.

Last edited:
- As you may know, there are 5 chakra types in the Naruto Universe, most shinobi are born with affinity for one of these types naturally but in the course of their lives they often learn to handle a secondary type of chakra. Maybe follow that path, let the player choose both types (One at the start, one later on his ninja path) and that could define their skill sets, they could so choose to just have a single affinity and reach hights of mastery in that chakra that no one else can, unlocking the most exclusive jutsus of that element but with the downside of losing variety.

- Continuing with the state above, the mixing of various chakra types creates a new chakra form, would love to see something like that.
For example, guiding myself via wiki, if a character can handle both Fire and Earth chakra, the result of mixing the two varies according to concentrations on each element.
Code:
Fire + Earth = Magma
Earth + Fire = Glass
Fire + Fire = Combustion
Earth + Earth = Metal
I'm guessing that both elements being the same equates to intensity (Would make sense if the player chooses to only master one type of chakra as I said at the beginning) on that chakra energy. Not every earth user can accomplish metal, etc.

• Would be nice to not have the equivalent to vocations, rather what I said above, let the players choose chakra paths. Let them level up as a skill the affinity/mastery in the chakras they choose, unlocking better/more powerful options trough training.
  • Make every chakra type better at some things than others but don't let them become the weaker option, everyone should be able to defend/attack accordingly. That way you will create playstyles that revolve around creativity (especially after choosing your second chakra type)

I know that would mean tons of work, as you may have to account for all possible chakra combinations and create spells for them that actually make sense. I made some basic spellsheet (just 2 spells for each basic type) just to highlight what I meant by "Give every chakra type something they are better than other types".

Code:
-- Basic Jutsus for Fire

[Deals Fire damage to selected target based on Fire Mastery and applies burning for 3 ticks (10 dmg per tick).]}

-- Basic Jutsus for Wind

[Deals Earth Damage to selected target based on Earth Mastery and slows target by 25% for 3 seconds.]}

[Deals Water damage based on Water Mastery in a small radius around the caster.]}

2) Fire users have a damage over time effect (so enemies/other players should be not able to cleanse them easily, else it would be pointless)
3) Wind users have a frontal AoE attack jutsu, which means they are good at crowd control, at least if they can make some space between them and the enemies.
4) Lightning users have a single target attack, which should mean they are focused on heavy damage to single target, make that count.
5) Earth users have a single target attack too, but instead of high damage, they inflict moderate damage and a status effect with it.
6) Water types have an AoE focused around them, which could make them good tanks later on.
The "100% x Chakra" after the spell name is to know which chakra types and concentration it uses, a 100% Fire Chakra would only scale damage/healing using that Chakra. A 50-50 would mean that damage/healing is enhanced by the levels of those 2 chakra masteries.
They are the first ideas I came up with, tried to help as much as I could, hope you find some of them interesting.
Its dope idea but basically you putting people down on what they can reach because in Naruto anime there is shinobis like Hashirama who knew more then 2 chakra types or Tobirama which mastered all 5 chakras and so on... list is huge. So imagine the work he should put to accomplish your combination idea because limiting people how many chakras they can master is kinda stupid. So the amount of resources needed for this system is enourmes

Its dope idea but basically you putting people down on what they can reach because in Naruto anime there is shinobis like Hashirama who knew more then 2 chakra types or Tobirama which mastered all 5 chakras and so on... list is huge. So imagine the work he should put to accomplish your combination idea because limiting people how many chakras they can master is kinda stupid. So the amount of resources needed for this system is enourmes
It's not actually that stupid, consider other games. They may have people in their lore that were masters at everything, but you certainly aren't as a player, for gaming purposes you can't have it all. Same happens with any other rpg, you tend to select a few classes/vocations to determine the scope of your character, you are not a knight, a mage, a paladin and a druid at the same time.
Limiting the number to 2 actually expands the gameplay while keeping each character somewhat unique. I do agree that it will require a lot of resources into the system, as there will be 5 basic types, each with 4 different combinations which may sound like a lot. But once you have the spells for let's say: Fire and Wind, you have them for Wind and Fire too (They are the same after all, only changed the order in which they learned it).
Even tough it requires a lot of resources, it's the basis on which the universe of Naruto resolves around, if you strip it out to the basics of a spell system such as tibia, there is nothing that will distinguish it from any other game other than the names you give to the spells.

---- EDIT -----
I might add, for gameplay purposes, players that select a secondary chakra type should not gain access to the basic spells of it, as that will render pointless the first chakra they choose and mix the roles they fit too much. For example: A high damager trying to learn a tanky type of chakra to take advantage of their basic tank spells and do-it-all. They have access to a different set of spells based on their combination and ofc, the basic chakra they started with.

Code:
Fire + Earth = Magma
Earth + Fire = Glass
Fire + Fire = Combustion
Earth + Earth = Metal

Code:
-- Basic Jutsus for Fire

-- Basic Jutsus for Wind

That is very similar idea that i had while thinking about the future of the game and i can assure u that this most likely will be implemented but in further state of the game right now we are focusing on having a stable base with at least 5 playable characters (right now almost first one is completed and for the second one we are gathering ideas) and systems that can keep single player for maybe even years who knows, lets hope for the best !

Quick reminder if anybody would like to put ideas for character its the best time right now, join the discord and lets create brainstorm for the second character which will be neji !

Whole game gonna have characters with that perpective check out discord ill link u little preview

The project is already dead? Discord is not working.
This project is far away from being dead, probably just invite link have expired

Here is new one also main post updeted with new link

Back