• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sound Settings

AchTung

Reaction score
Dear folcs,
I wanna ask you a maybe easy question, which I cannot solve.

Since Im often on the voice communication System Ventrilo, I wanna ask how I do this:
1. Ventrilo sound goes to my headset.
2. My Winamp Music comes from the boxes.

Is this possible?

It is possible on Windows 7. Just use sound mixer and switch output to mute winamp on headset and ventrilo on speakers.

Maybe it's possible in Vista too, I don't use this shit.

1. Click sound icon on system tray
2. Click Mixer (the only text below the bar)
3. Now you can adjust volume for secific apps
4. Switch to headset (or speakers) by clicking drop-down in device section and choosing the other one
5. Again adjust volume

Here you go :)

How can I switch to headset or speakers? If I follow your steps, I can only adjust the volume :S

I found it but I can't switch between headphone and speakers.

unbenanntij.jpg

Then your system can't distinguish between speakers and headphones. I have no idea how to fix it now :p

Hehe :D

It seems that your computer can't distinguish between headset and speakers...

Well it's possible to change the output device and I also marked the "Use Direct Sound" Box, but the weird problem is, if I put in my Headset, my music automaticaly goes into my headset aswell.

Your headset must be plugged in and recognized as the two devices it represents (a mic in and audio out) prior to starting Vent. Make sure in the Windows Mixer dialogue Playback\Recording Devices under the Playback tab your speakers are Default Device and that your Headset's headphone is Default Communications Device. It probably wouldn't hurt to update your Realtek drivers. Mirror.

Is your music player software of quality design? Random suggestions: ASIO4ALL foobar2000

Hopefully soon the Windows build of Mangler will be available. Good luck.

Back