• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Spawn::addMonster] Cannot find ""

Chrippe

Reaction score
Hello guys! I'm using Rev 3777 and I got this strange problem. I'm using a 8.6 RL Map that I found but whenever I start the server-console, it spams
Code:
[Spawn::addMonster] Cannot find ""
. I mean how could there be a monster without any name and where is he hiding? How do I remove this error/problem? Rep will be given out! Thanks in advance!

when you saved the map containing monsters not existing in rme it deleted all unknown names from spawn file, so it is "" for every spawn like this(I posted this cause it explains bit better what actually happened)(but I dont have any idea why rme cannot just leave spawns file as it was...)

I would make my own RL map if I knew how, but I don't. So, anyone? I'm sure some of you ot-genious'es has the answer, rather than telling me something obvious? Thanks in advance!

Dude, its either removing the monsters that you don't have in your files, or adding them in your files :p

Thing is, I have no idea which monsters it is as it just says Cannot find "". So I can't remove them nor add them.. :S

This happens when you update your map version in RME. Unfortunately there's no solution for it. Always remember to back-up your spawn file while updating maps!

Actually there is a solution. I opened the map and imported every monster/npc manually from every monster/npc directory, in the server directory and saved the map. Took some time, but it was worth it.

Problem Solved!

Back