• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Spell area varying according to player position

• Thread starter Deleted member 141899
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 141899

Hello!

I'll be very grateful if anyone can help me ..

I'm trying to make a beam spell that the area will vary according to player position:
Example:35345

The max range sqms is 4..

I have tried with callback to get targetPos - creaturePos but i don't know exactly how to send the spell on all sqms..

thanks in advance!

Solution
Hello!

I'm trying to make a beam spell that the area will vary according to player position:
Example:View attachment 35345

I have tried with callback to get targetPos - creaturePos but i don't know exactly how to send the spell on all sqms..

thanks in advance!
There's are some variations you aren't addressing, like if the target is farther away but only offset by one SQM, this results in only a wave of 2 SQM. I did my best and this is what I came up with. During testing I had it set to target needed and range at 7.

Lua:
local combat = createCombatObject()

function Position:getDirectionTo(toPosition)
    local dir = NORTH
    if(self.x > toPosition.x) then...
Make 8x spells check the targets position x and y compared to the players x and y to determine which spell to cast. This can all be done in one file. I would make the code but this isn't the request section and you didn't tell us what distro you are using or anything.

Hello!

Example:View attachment 35345

thanks in advance!
There's are some variations you aren't addressing, like if the target is farther away but only offset by one SQM, this results in only a wave of 2 SQM. I did my best and this is what I came up with. During testing I had it set to target needed and range at 7.

Lua:
local combat = createCombatObject()

function Position:getDirectionTo(toPosition)
    local dir = NORTH
    if(self.x > toPosition.x) then
        dir = WEST
        if(self.y > toPosition.y) then
            dir = NORTHWEST
        elseif(self.y < toPosition.y) then
            dir = SOUTHWEST
        end
    elseif(self.x < toPosition.x) then
        dir = EAST
            dir = NORTHEAST
            dir = SOUTHEAST
        end
    else
            dir = NORTH
            dir = SOUTH
        end
    end
    return dir
end

local diagonals = {NORTHWEST, SOUTHWEST, NORTHEAST, SOUTHEAST}

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
    if doCombat(cid, combat, var) then
        local creature, target = Creature(cid), Creature(var:getNumber())
        if not target then return true end

local level, maglevel = creature:getLevel(), creature:getMagicLevel()
        local min = -((level / 5) + (maglevel * 1.4) + 8)
        local max = -((level / 5) + (maglevel * 2.2) + 14)

local creature_pos, effect_pos = creature:getPosition(), target:getPosition()
        local diagonal = math.abs(effect_pos.x - creature_pos.x) > 0 and math.abs(effect_pos.y - creature_pos.y) > 0
        local distance = getDistanceBetween(effect_pos, creature_pos) - 1

doAreaCombatHealth(cid, COMBAT_ENERGYDAMAGE, effect_pos, 0, min, max, CONST_ME_ENERGYAREA)
        for i = 1, distance > 4 and 4 or distance do
            local direction = effect_pos:getDirectionTo(creature_pos)
            if (diagonal and isInArray(diagonals, direction)) or (not diagonal and not isInArray(diagonals, direction)) then
                effect_pos:getNextPosition(direction, 1)
                doAreaCombatHealth(cid, COMBAT_ENERGYDAMAGE, effect_pos, 0, min, max, CONST_ME_ENERGYAREA)
            end
        end
        return true
    end
    return false
end

Last edited:
Solution
@Apollos
Should this
Code:

be
Code:
local distance = getDistanceBetween(effect_pos, creature_pos)

if he wants the effect to happen on the monster itself? I think that's what he wants. I kind of speed read the code and was curious.

@Apollos
Should this
Code:

be
Code:
local distance = getDistanceBetween(effect_pos, creature_pos)

if he wants the effect to happen on the monster itself? I think that's what he wants. I kind of speed read the code and was curious.
It will. It's actually going backwards from the target to the player. Had to do it that way cause reasons.

Back