• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spell which gives you speed

Stanos

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
TFS 1.2
Hello
so im using this movement speed spell
Lua:
local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, 28)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_AGGRESSIVE, 0)

local condition = createConditionObject(CONDITION_HASTE)
setConditionParam(condition, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, 42000)
setConditionFormula(condition, 1.0, -96, 1.0, -96)
setCombatCondition(combat, condition)

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
   doCombat(cid, combat, var)
   return true
end
Which is not working because i dont really see any differences if i cast this spell it should increase my movement speed tho but its not working i think.

Just tried in a fresh install and it actually worked, maybe you are trying with GOD/Gm character or a high leveled character and he's at the speed limit?

Just tried in a fresh install and it actually worked, maybe you are trying with GOD/Gm character or a high leveled character and he's at the speed limit?
Nah i tried with default char. Speed limit? There is such think as a speed limit?

Search for SPEED ...

In official TFS repository have this.
Yea i found now. But still it doesnt work right something is wrong with speed condition what i mean is i tried to make two speed spells one is slower and one is faster
setConditionFormula(condition, 1.0, -16, 1.0, -16) - slower
setConditionFormula(condition, 1.0, -96, 1.0, -96) - faster
So that last one should be way way more faster , but if you cast this spell it gives you same speed you run exact same speed.

Why the hell you think the smaller minb and maxb means faster?
Here's how the formula work:
Code:
int32_t min = (creature->getBaseSpeed() * mina) + minb;
int32_t max = (creature->getBaseSpeed() * maxa) + maxb;
int32_t speedDelta = uniform_random(min, max);
Which means in the example you provide the second one is slower by a margin of 80 speed(40 lvls of player) and it might be unnoticeable but you are slower not faster xD

Why the hell you think the smaller minb and maxb means faster?
Here's how the formula work:
Code:
int32_t min = (creature->getBaseSpeed() * mina) + minb;
int32_t max = (creature->getBaseSpeed() * maxa) + maxb;
int32_t speedDelta = uniform_random(min, max);
Which means in the example you provide the second one is slower by a margin of 80 speed(40 lvls of player) and it might be unnoticeable but you are slower not faster xD
Ou :D anyway it doesnt explain why they have same speed ;D even when you change value.

Back