• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Spellbook

DextaaH

Reaction score
Hello!

Anyone got a nice spellbook for donator like +5 ml? And what item(Spellbook) too use?

Im giving you an idea how you can do it
open Data/items/items.xml find
Code:
</item>
    <item id="8901" article="a" name="spellbook of warding">
        <attribute key="description" value="It shows your spells and can also shield against attack when worn." />
        <attribute key="weight" value="4500" />
      [U]  <attribute key="magiclevelpoints" value="1" />[/U]
        <attribute key="defense" value="22" />
        <attribute key="weaponType" value="shield" />
    </item>

<attribute key="magiclevelpoints" value="1" /> Determines how much magic level you will get from wearing this spellbook if you copy that line and put in on another spellbook it will work to... Now you whanted
+5ml so change the 1 to 5

Now open data/movements/movements xml press ctrl f find this line
Code:
<movevent type="Equip" itemid="8901" slot="shield" level="40" event="function" value="onEquipItem">
		<vocation id="1"/>
		<vocation id="5" showInDescription="0"/>
		<vocation id="2"/>
		<vocation id="6" showInDescription="0"/>
	</movevent>
	<movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="8901" slot="shield" event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>

If you don't add that in movments you whont get + ml. If you whant another spellbook copy and paste this and change the itemid

Ah I see so if I want another book like You see a heavily bound book. I put them but change ID and it will be a spellbook? or i need to choose a spellbook? Now that book you can use and write something down.

Go to items.xml find this line
PHP:
id="8983" article="a" name="heavily bound book">
 <attribute key="description" value="It contains the scribings of many knowledgeable Tibians." />
<attribute key="magiclevelpoints" value="5" />
<attribute key="weight" value="7800" />

As i said before
PHP:
 <attribute key="magiclevelpoints" value="5" />
determines magic lvl

now movments.xml

PHP:
<movevent type="Equip" itemid="8983" slot="hand" level="80" event="function" value="onEquipItem">
<vocation id="5"/>
<vocation id="1" showInDescription="0"/>
</movevent>
<movevent type="DeEquip" itemid="8983" slot="hand" level="80" event="function" value="onDeEquipItem"/>

repp+ if it helped

So this wont work in movements?

<movevent type="Equip" itemid="8983" slot="shield" level="100" event="function" value="onEquipItem">
<vocation name="Master Sorcerer"/>
<vocation name="Elder Druid"/>
</movevent>

You can us any custom item you want as a spellbook :p Just goto movements.xml find the item id and configure it as DextaaH has shown the slot.

Back