• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spells Versus Walls

IgoR lYCAN

Reaction score
Well.. Wel..

Im using a server based on TFS 1.3

My problem is that :
When You conjure a instant spell, infront of a wall, the spell pass trought it.
Im trying to figure it out how to block the spell to not pass trought the wall.

A video explaining it:

A picture:
1579790219550.png

if there is another wall, it get blocked.

1579790256297.png

This cannot be reproduced with the current sources of the official repository, surely you modified something in the internal functions of the spells and caused this ugly error
It may also be that the walls you are using do not have the block projectile flag, that can happen if you are using a poorly made items.otb or even a poorly made items.xml

Last edited:
This cannot be reproduced with the current sources of the official repository, surely you modified something in the internal functions of the spells and caused this ugly error
It may also be that the walls you are using do not have the block projectile flag, that can happen if you are using a poorly made items.otb or even a poorly made items.xml
what u mean? cant be reproduced?

check this issue created in the oficial repository;

xD

This is related to sight line, there is already a pr for this, you can try use it.

Notes​

Original thread:
Spells Versus Walls (https://otland.net/threads/spells-versus-walls.268213/)

His issue was caused by using OTX repo:
mattyx14/otxserver@42c9cda

But he brings up the point that rl tibia has different behaviour.
Spells Versus Walls (https://otland.net/threads/spells-versus-walls.268213/page-3#post-2592654)

Steps to reproduce (include any configuration/script required to reproduce)​

1. Login to game.
  2. Face wall.
  3. Use a directional wave or strike spell.

Expected behaviour​

The spell goes off and cost mana regardless;
But the spell only hit actually hits a SQM if isSightClear() == true and CONST_PROP_BLOCKSOLID == false.

Actual behaviour​

You get RETURNVALUE_NOTENOUGHROOM instead.

Here:
otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/blob/master/src/combat.cpp#L229)
Post automatically merged:

They mixed with others problems below this issue;

but the issue is still the same :

Steps to reproduce (include any configuration/script required to reproduce)​

1. Login to game.
  2. Face wall.
  3. Use a directional wave or strike spell.

Expected behaviour​

The spell goes off and cost mana regardless;
But the spell only hit actually hits a SQM if isSightClear() == true and CONST_PROP_BLOCKSOLID == false.

Actual behaviour​

You get RETURNVALUE_NOTENOUGHROOM instead.

what u mean? cant be reproduced?

check this issue created in the oficial repository;

xD
Sorry, I just looked at your first post!
but what you show in the images cannot be reproduced and that is what I was referring to
you know, about casting spells through walls

you will probably also be interested in seeing this PR and test
Fix Sight Line for players/monsters #3265

can you please check that PR again (it has been updated) and tell us if its working? (yes it has to do with many things, including spell sight line :p)
Sight line checking doesn't have anything to do with his problem.

This is a reason why directional spells always checks if there's a wall in front of you, since you disabled it you need to rewrite the code responsible for creating area of effect for directional spells too. Seeing how people here don't even know why it happens you probably will only waste your time waiting for them to help you(it is already one year).

Sight line checking doesn't have anything to do with his problem.

This is a reason why directional spells always checks if there's a wall in front of you, since you disabled it you need to rewrite the code responsible for creating area of effect for directional spells too. Seeing how people here don't even know why it happens you probably will only waste your time waiting for them to help you(it is already one year).
Well;
who knows.. Maybe someone shows up and help me, also the community;
xD

Will keep trying ;-)

can you please check that PR again (it has been updated) and tell us if its working? (yes it has to do with many things, including spell sight line :p)
no relation with spellsvsWalls;

what @Evil Puncker says is true, @IgoR lYCAN had not answered you, because I consider it wasting time, because of your answer that was somewhat rude and ignorant, because you say that it has nothing to do when in reality yes

Well;
who knows.. Maybe someone shows up and help me, also the community;
xD

Will keep trying ;-)

I go back and repeat if it has a relationship, that it does not solve your problem exactly does not mean that it has no relationship, think about it a little more, or maybe you prefer to wait to solve your problem and then ask why the spells in areas are not the same as in TibiaRL and when that happens you will realize that is have relationship

I think I did exactly what you have explained to me on discord, please test it out for bugs.

Attachments

• forgottenserver-x64-spellsfix.exe
    2.3 MB · Views: 38 · VirusTotal
Solution
this bug happens in the newest tfs 1.4 to every spell without direction being set like exevo gran mas vis or exori. see downgraded 7.6 from nekiro for example ;)
the rest of the spells with direction being set work well

Last edited by a moderator:
this bug happens in the newest tfs 1.4 to every spell without direction being set like exevo gran mas vis or exori. see downgraded 7.6 from nekiro for example ;)
and "blockwalls="1" doesnt work at all
the rest of the spells with direction being set work well
As I remember there is a fix for that in TFS 1.4. It's just not applied in Nekiro downgrade.
Check if that is in your sources:

Back