• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sprite overlay from item? Help.

EarthMother

Reaction score
Hello!
I been searching the forums without result, maybe using wrong search words.. so i decided to make a post.

I have created an custom "naked" outfit sprite and clothing sprites for the outfit.
And I want on equip item (head/chest/legs/feet) to add an sprite overlay on the player (as in the example picture I have attached).

I don't know where to start looking. Do I make a new script (lua)?
Or do I have to code it into the source? (c++)

Some guidance would be appreciated.
Or if you have a solution or a link to similar problem please send it.

Kind Regards,
EarthMother

Attachments

Or do I have to code it into the source? (c++)
You will have to use OTClient and rewrite C++ code that renders outfit. You will also have to rewrite OTS protocolgame.cpp, to make it send item IDs of every player. If you hire C++ programmer, it should take 1-2 days to prepare client and server changes.

C++ part is easy. Creating XX addon images with walking animation (4/8 frames of animation * 4 directions = 16/32 images per 1 item) is much harder and will take muuuuch more time.

You will have to use OTClient and rewrite C++ code that renders outfit. You will also have to rewrite OTS protocolgame.cpp, to make it send item IDs of every player. If you hire C++ programmer, it should take 1-2 days to prepare client and server changes.

C++ part is easy. Creating XX addon images with walking animation (4/8 frames of animation * 4 directions = 16/32 images per 1 item) is much harder and will take muuuuch more time.

So fast response! appreciate it! Now I know where to look! thank you so much.

I got a shirt with all the directions and walking animations to test with. It took a bit of time but i had fun making it! (Now I need to make pants! o_O)
Really appreciate your guidance thank you. Now diving into the c++!

Attachments

Back