• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spriting Tutorial

XPRIMEX

Semi-Dead
Reaction score
XprimeX's Spriting Tutorial

Hey, I find that the current spriting tutorial is quite outdated so I'll be making my own.

When making a sprite there are a couple things you need to know, first of all sun will always be on the upper left corner, which means the left or the upper side will have brighter
shades (dur). when making An outfit or a wall or just a part of the environment of tibia the Perspective is at a kind of 45 degree angle unlike straight on, like other pix games.
Example :
13850d1336795377-elementz-spriting-thread-fire-waterfall.png

One more thing, Item sprites such as armors, swords, etc. will always be 32x32 and enviroment will normally be 64x64. When making a sprite make this color your background :
jCzjP4.png

this is the natural background for tibia, anything of this color will be transparent

Alright now to working with the pixels. As an example we are going to make a sword. I f you want to follow along use the template below.

V5yhUl.png

Now we will proceed to make the blade. How ? we need to get some different shades, I recommend to put them in a kind of a ladder next to your sprite, if you didn't get it just look at the picture ^.^.
61dplF.png

then we have to use them, since this is just a tutorial I wont be very picky with my shade, technically apply the rule I wrote earlier the more to the left/up u go the brighter it gets.
AR6IGG.png
K0IlLW.png

now, all u have to do is follow the same principal and your sprite will end a tad like this :
nsMKog.png

Tip : the more shades you use the more realistic it will look

Last edited:
Please before you start writing tutorials,first you learn shading...
1359683200_habbabba.bmp

increase contrast and light.
Sorry i know that,you had good intentions.
2,5/10 ;p
Don't stop pixel arting!

Last edited:
i was trying to make something simple so that people would be so mind fucked, you may check my sprites their much better than that lol

first of all sun will always be on the upper left corner
Okay, but remember that rule apply in Tibia. We don't need to follow it, if we are trying to do sprites of other kinds (other games).

Oh, you created a tutorial and came with example of "lavafall" with JPG picutre, which decrease your quality of pixel art... That's sad :(

...enviroment will normally be 64x64. When making a sprite make this color your background :
Environment is made of sprite squares 32x32 and it can be combined with each other creating full sprite of 32x64/64x64/96x64/96x96... Every bigger thing is cut like this:example.png

I agree a bit with Venesis. You made a tutorial , which shows how to make sprites and it's not complex (missing AA, reflects, tips with 45perspective). People will come here and think that is good enough. Their sprites are going to look similar or even worse :S. More,metal shading doesn't only contains black-white colors, it has some yellow, blue (with less saturation).
Please, don't feel attacked by me, I didn't want to.

Greetings, Anevis

Back