• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ SQL error ?

Lbtg

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hello, i got this error pops up, very randm, and basicaly while 0 players is online

Error:
Lua:
[Error - mysql_store_result] Query: SELECT `reason`, `expires_at`, (SELECT `name` FROM `players` WHERE `id` = `banned_by`) AS `name` FROM `ip_bans` WHERE `ip` = 3586606524
Message: The client was disconnected by the server because of inactivity. See wait_timeout and interactive_timeout for configuring this behavior.

How i can fix it ? Can anyome help me out please
Im using 8.6 tfs 1.3-1.4

Google is your friend!
You have to increase interactive_timeout in the mysql config
interactive_time is for interactive sessions, whereas wait_timeout is for non-interactive sessions.

What's an interactive session? It's one with a human at the keyboard.

When your code connects to MySQL, runs a query and then spends 3 seconds processing that query before disconnecting, that's 3 seconds of the wait_timeout.

When you use the mysql command line client to connect, run a command and spend 10 seconds reading the output, that's 10 seconds of interactive_timeout. If you walk away and have lunch, that's 3600 seconds of interactive_timeout.

In both cases, when you or your code runs another query, the waiting time is reset back to 0.

You can see the values for all the current sessions by typing show processlist. The values in the sleep(5) function is the number of seconds since that connection last did anything.

1. Edit my.cnf (the MySQL configuration file).
    Code:
    sudo vi /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf

2. Locate the timeout configuration and adjust it to fit your server.
  3. Code:
    [mysqld]
    wait_timeout = 31536000
    interactive_timeout = 31536000

4. Save the changes and exit the editor.
  5. Restart MySQL to apply the changes as follows:
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart

Taken form:

Back