• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved SQL Information 100% Correct, but Error in Starting Server

dbrown30

Reaction score
Hello,

Long story short: I had been running a TFS Crying Damson V2.5 for a while and just downloaded and set up V8.2.

In the config file, I made absolutely sure the exact same connection data is used. I even copied/pasted the values since it contained the exact same fields. However, I get the following errors:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BySSAUFI7mKHTTZ0V0NVMk1TR0E/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BySSAUFI7mKHM19kZk0yTERrMW8/edit?usp=sharing

Can someone please shed some light on this issue?

Thanks,
-David

Last edited:
try running as administrator? I seen someone use this same distro and there pc just wouldn't use it unless they did, and set compatability to server 2003

Thanks for the advise. I'll try this today and will let you know how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Running as administrator and under compatability mode did not work. However, I tried to resize the window so that I could read the entire error message. It took several tries, but finally got it. This is the full error:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BySSAUFI7mKHeDE5NDlpbzhScW8/edit?usp=sharing

Also, here is the code that I'm using for the connection. As I said earlier though, this exact code works in my other distro of TFS, so I don't think the issue lies here.

Code:
-- Database
-- NOTE: sqlFile is used only by sqlite database, and sqlKeepAlive by mysql database.
-- To disable sqlKeepAlive such as mysqlReadTimeout use 0 value.
sqlType = "mysql"
sqlHost = "localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "root"
sqlPass = ""
sqlDatabase = "cs_game"
sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "plain"

Please let me know if you have any luck in finding my solution.

Thanks!
-David

Lets try changing localhost to 127.0.0.1 sometimes I've seen issues with windows not allowing some applications to use localhost then make sure that your antivirus or firewall didnt block MySQL being that you are using a new file rather than the old distro you had

If those don't work if you would like I can try and help you with teamviewer sometimes its easier to tell that way

Lets try changing localhost to 127.0.0.1 sometimes I've seen issues with windows not allowing some applications to use localhost then make sure that your antivirus or firewall didnt block MySQL being that you are using a new file rather than the old distro you had

If those don't work if you would like I can try and help you with teamviewer sometimes its easier to tell that way

Wow, I never thought changing localhost and 127.0.0.1 would make any difference. Thanks a ton!

It's working normally now it seems.

Thanks!
-David

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, is it possible to change this thread to [solved]? I couldn't find that option.

Back