• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sql vs. Xml

SQL is the future if they insist on xml single managed to delay the progress

please help

please help me i need hep how to host a Sql server i dont get it :S:S:S: it sux cuz everybody tell me it's beter plz a pro (((HELP ME))) :thumbup:

XML is total shit... because xml saving all data in one time.
SQL saving or update necesary fields in base.

Theres not much to talkabout science xml is being removed so its either sql/sqlite or nothing! :wub:

Probably SQL when u learn to use it. Im new with SQL since I have used 7.6 XML server always and now I gotta learn some SQL, it seems abit hard at first but now I'm starting to learn it :p

If you want to learn SQL, I do recommend you to learn some of the basic syntax. Maybe I should write a basic SQL tutorial?

I think XML, us sql is pretty hard to understand :/

If you want to learn SQL, I do recommend you to learn some of the basic syntax. Maybe I should write a basic SQL tutorial?

Well mostly I meant that I need to learn how to get SQL server online, configure it and so on, but now I have done it succesfully and I know how to do most of the things.

SQL is more stable than XML.
But on the other way XML is much easier to work with, but i'll go for SQL.

SQL vs XML = 8:2

1. SQL is way more stable.
2. SQL is definitly faster.
3. SQL can be hosted on a remote MySQL server.
4. SQL is better organized.
5. SQL is easier to understand, because syntax's are pure english.
6. SQL is optimizable.
7. SQL is easier to modify for new functions.
8. SQL is more website-friendly (since nowdays every website store data in database instead of files).

1. XML is easier.
2. XML doesn't need any other features such as SQL server and SQL admin/PHP + PMA.

Well, there's no way to make a public definition: for which to be worse~
"What's the best; Cow or Horse?", it's all based on opinions..

But just to list up some facts:
Xml - far more noob-friendly. I'd suggest ALL newbs to start with Xml.
Sql - faster and stronger.

Back