• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Staff Wanted (Frozenhell)

stato11

Reaction score
Hello Otlanders :) I'm planning to host a tibia otserver with the client 8.54, I know its not the newest version but I do plan to update it :)

Some information about me
I'm Ben Staton, 15, England. I have hosted several other otserver's, if I'm perfectly honest all of which wern't too successful, I've wanted to host one for a while, and am getting a new laptop with my christmas money (dedicated host) that ive saved up for, for a while.

What I plan to do
I realise I'm being slightly ambitious going from being an amateur hoster to buying a dedicated host, im willing to take this risk regardless. I am going to name this server Frozenhell after the server some of you may know that was hosted, but shut down for unknown reasons about 4-5 months ago. I however have the full map of this server and wanted to use it for the benefit of other players.

Who/What I am looking for
I'm looking for several dedicated staff members to join this otserver. I am taking it very seriously and hoping for a few players in return :) my target is 30-50 players.

This is what I am looking for...

Mappers: 1
Gamemasters: 2 (We already have 2)
Graphic Building: 1

Please bare in mind that the Graphic Builder will receive the position of Community Manager, however promotions to Gamemaster are possible. The Mapper will receive Community manager, he also can be promoted. Finally the Gamemaster's obviously will receive the GM position straight away, however we assure you will need much more experience to fill the GM positions.

To apply leave your application below including the following...

Position:
Name and Age:
Info about you:
Why you would fit the position you've applied for:
Past Experience:

Btw you don't actually have the full map, its an old version, with the old scripts.

They may be old scripts but they are all working because they have been tested :)

Position:mapper
Name and Age: Reniz, age=18
Info about you:im reniz in sweden i have hosted many servers and mapped really much (i love to map) and im gonna host soon when my server are ready
Why you would fit the position you've applied for: cuz i love to map
Past Experience: mapper and hoster and little scripter

Position:mapper
Name and Age: Reniz, age=18
Info about you:im reniz in sweden i have hosted many servers and mapped really much (i love to map) and im gonna host soon when my server are ready
Why you would fit the position you've applied for: cuz i love to map
Past Experience: mapper and hoster and little scripter

Okay Reniz, could you perhaps map me something to show me what you can do? maybe a small hunting spot?
Try and do a small area of map with a great depth of detail, show me what you can do :) If it fits the style of
mapping for my server, I might offer you a positions :) Pm me with a link to the mapped file when your done.
Thanks!

i would say hosting a server on a laptop isnt the best idea. they are harder to upgrade if you ever wanted to in the future. id buy one of those fan cooling pads for it being your going to need to keep it on 24/7. also i dont know if your planning on using wifi but your better off using an ethernet cable to your router instead. personally i never really liked frozenhell but im sure you can do all right if you get it running smoothly with rates slightly higher then radium's server.

Hello Otlanders :) I'm planning to host a tibia otserver with the client 8.54, I know its not the newest version but I do plan to update it :)

Some information about me
I'm Ben Staton, 15, England. I have hosted several other otserver's, if I'm perfectly honest all of which wern't too successful, I've wanted to host one for a while, and am getting a new laptop with my christmas money (dedicated host) that ive saved up for, for a while.

Hosting on your home network on a new laptop is NOT a dedicated host.

Hosting on your home network on a new laptop is NOT a dedicated host.

also UK isps are shitty with their upstream allowance, unless you're on Virgin Media you'll never get more than 1.5mbps upstream unless you pay like £1000 a month lol

My DMCA take down to his ISP would stop him though wouldn't it? Jason didn't think about _me_ when he released the datapack. He was having a blind F@%k you Justin! moment. I don't blame him or hold any grudge against him for it. I completely understand that logging on to find your God a CM would make any content-developer with significant work into a project sufficiently angry to do crazy things. But I will actively thwart any attempts to step on my toes. Similar laws apply to any country thats a member of the Berne Union.
~~ FrozenHell OT is the official Frozenhell. I continue working with the original database even, on port 7174. Soon I'll even acquire the original domain name from Justin. I'm @97% completion of refactoring the entire codebase and content into a portable library layer that will work with TFS 0.25 0.3 0.4 or even OTServ. But my intentions are to start porting features from Exult into the engine! How's that? Garner just a 'so'?

Sorry for the necro. But hadn't seen this thread, and it's a hilarious one indeed. Hosting from a dedicated laptop! Bwahahaha.

Position: Experienced member, I could help on every thing
Name and Age: Toms, 17
Info about you: I'm from spain, now I'm free cuz have holiday
Why you would fit the position you've applied for: I like to help.
Past Experience: made about 6 servers

Mogex, this thread is from 2010
Midnight Shadow was so dumb to bump it D;

Back