• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Stair Problem

zirra

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just updated to Mystic Spirit 2.3 and added Yalahar to my map. I am having issues with 7925 and 7924 stairs (East and South facing). The stairs don't teleport the player far enough in the x direction or the y and they fall back down to the z level they were at.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I assume it is part of the source due to the fact that

Code:
<attribute key="floorchange" value="east"/>

is in the Items.xml and is the only thing related to stairs.

A quick fix would be to move the stairs one square in the x direction or the y direction but then the sprite looks misplaced and under the floor.

At the link posted below is an SS of my issue, hope someone can help me out here. Thanks!

http://www.myndgamez.com/Pictures/stair_issue.bmp

First off, I am using Mystic Spirit 2.3-

I tried using the teleport script and had no luck what so ever. I am currently trying to use this code just to get the east facing stairs to work correctly.

From Yalahar_Stairs.lua
Code:
function onStepIn(cid, item, position, fromPosition)

if(item.itemid == 7925) then
		local position1 = {x = position.x + 2, y = position.y, z = position.z - 1}
		doTeleportThing(cid, position1)
		doCreatureSetLookDir(cid, EAST)
	end

end

Placed this in movements

Code:
<movement event="StepIn" actionid="15001" script="Yalahar_Stairs.lua" />
<movement event="StepIn" itemid="7925" script="Yalahar_Stairs.lua" />

Tried adding the action ID (Added Action ID after Screen Shot) to see if it would access the script but neither of those worked.

The only fix I have right now is to move the stairs one space closer -example (Stair_Issue.bmp) but that looks pretty horrid.

Can anyone see where I went wrong in code or have any idea what I need to do to get these stairs working? Everyone keeps saying they work properly in Crying Damson 3.4 so I might just take the time and update.

Thanks in advance
-Zeke

Back