• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Fix/Patch Stairs Issue/Height Stacking

Xellath

Reaction score
ctf76 posted a bug in the support forums, explaining that the stairs/ramps bug when you stack other items with height differences on the lower ramp tile.

This applied to my server as well -- so I decided to fix it.

The fix below was and still is a temporary quick solution - a more advised fix can be found here (by BeniS).

Here's the fix:

Stairs Issue/Height Stacking (parcels, pots, kits, etc.)

Open items.cpp and find this line:

Code:
iType->hasHeight = hasBitSet(FLAG_HAS_HEIGHT, flags);

Remove or comment it like this:

Code:
//iType->hasHeight = hasBitSet(FLAG_HAS_HEIGHT, flags);

Save and rebuild -- stacking items on stairs/ramps now works correctly.

This has been tested on the TFS 0.3.6pl1 distribution, it is however not thoroughly tested and MAY contain possible bugs -- note that none has been found so far.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Why do you not have more Reputation than you have?
Anyway, thanks!

I do not advise this fix. I will post a proper fix soon.

Attached the proper fix.

Attachments

• stair_fix_036pl1.rar
    39 KB · Views: 53 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
I'm assuming this has been tested? I cannot test it myself right now. My fix is and was a fast temporary fix - and was not thoroughly tested -- however, it does fill its purpose.

I'll attach your post to the thread to advise your fix instead. Thanks for taking the time to fix it.

I'm assuming this has been tested? I cannot test it myself right now. My fix is and was a fast temporary fix - and was not thoroughly tested -- however, it does fill its purpose.

I'll attach your post to the thread to advise your fix instead. Thanks for taking the time to fix it.

Yep it is tested. What your fix was doing is removing the ability to change floors using boxes that have height. The bug was that the parcels have height so you are going up a floor then getting teleported back down because you land right back on the stairs again.

Back