• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Starting area.. What you think?

Hunterz

Reaction score
hey guys i have just recently started making a new server.. i have just made the Starting area (Get free items) and i just came here to ask you what do you think about it ??. I wouldn't say i was a very good Map maker. but i can make Simple ones.
CLICK HERE for the map Photo

what do I think? I think it took you 5 minutes to make that. Maybe less.. xD thats what I think. but hey simple is better maybe?

Last edited:
what do I think? I think it took you 5 minutes to make that. Maybe less.. xD thats what I think. but hey simple is better maybe?
Maybe :p and it took me longer.... only cos i was playing on a OT aswell :D

Black square in the middle is ugly. Bohs and ccs at start?
black square yes... i am going to change that.. and yea Bohs and CC at start... nothing wrong with that

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem is there is nothing to think. You slapped some tiles on water, placed ugly ass chests and enclosed them with a fence.
Not to mention there are hundreds of better ways to give a new player his first items.
0/10

Ground borders around the white marble floor makes no sense to me, looks wierd.

I also spotted a way to get a extra pair of boots of haste and a backpack aswell.
4s-fJ-4.png

I prefer the usage of automatically giving the first items or just one chest per Vocations. So the chests just give you full EQ from one chest. Not all those separate chests.

Andd.. It's not really how I would map it o_O

But it works.

you could make it look better by deleting it.

and starting over.

just do it.

nike.

0/10

yea guys took you word... its shit :D i have made it automatically give items at spawn.. Thanks

Doesn't make much sense (also, why don't you just script it?) but looks, purely visual, alright I guess. Just, for fucks sake, get more creative. If you absolutely have to include a start room on your server then make it at least a bit different than literally everyone. Not a squary room that looks like it was generated by a computer.

Im was thinking about scripting... cuz anyway im know by myself.. im hate geting in that room for items... thanks for reply, im will delete this room :D

Back