• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Storage value returnend "nan"?

infrator123

Reaction score
Hello guys, i have a doubt, somehow a storage value which should be a os.time() returned nan, what that means?

It would help if you tell us which server engine you use, as not all work the same way.
nan - "Not a Number" that's atleast the only reference I know of which makes sense.
You might have tried to push a floating number (111.0104) in there, you might want to :setStorageValue(xxx, math.floor(number)) which would round the number.
edit: lua-users wiki: Math Library Tutorial (http://lua-users.org/wiki/MathLibraryTutorial)
take a look at math.huge that explains how the error can occur.

Last edited:
wierd, because i was using os.time() to set a storage value, dont know exactly how that happens, btw, another doubt that you may clear for me, its a problem using a value as a string? i know that a string storage its not a problem, but and a value working like string? its ok also?

We cannot help you unless you show us your script and tell us which distro you use, they mostly handle stuff different ways

Back