• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spell Storm of the Century

I'll be releasing more spells in the future, maybe I'll even open a request thread for all sorts of simple/semi-simple scripts :p(for free!)

that's totally random and up to the spell, its the problem with random areas, they can either totally miss or hit the position you want 3 or 4 times

Well, of course randomness also adds a spicy touch. On the other hand it makes gaming more exciting in my opinion, but don't forget that randomness can lead you to hell enraged anger when you fail a target after casting the same spell 10 times to kill him xD

I like it, especially the random effects everywhere :)
Keep it up.

that's totally random and up to the spell, its the problem with random areas, they can either totally miss or hit the position you want 3 or 4 times

Lol thats no problem.

simple solution.

do nextDirection = (currentdirection + math.random(-1,1)) % 4
and it will randomize a position between front, left and right of the cirent direction, and it will not go backwards.

it would need 4 tiles before getting into the same spot again.

I had it similar to that before, but I decided to eventually change it to be like this, I did it for some reason, but I can't remember it now :p

actually was thinking of doing an first.public spellpack, got an 200 ~ concepts in a folder somewheree

nice :p
sucks that I'm so busy right now irl, otherwise we could both do them :p

Great idea, but why you use table it in this way? :
Lua:
stormSpreads(cid, getCreaturePosition(cid), {math.random(config.minAttacks, config.maxAttacks)})

Imo here "{math.random(config.minAttacks, config.maxAttacks)}" brackets are useless in this case.

Yeah, its useless in that situation
Before I was using that table to carry extra values between the recursions, but in the end I ended up removing it and forgot to remove it xD

Not sure if any support here, but figured I'd give it a go on 0.3.7 crying damson
currently getting this error
Code:
[23:57:53.523] [Error - Spell Interface]
[23:57:53.524] data/spells/scripts/wizard skills/storm of the century.lua:onCastSpell
[23:57:53.524] Description:
[23:57:53.525] ...pells/scripts/wizard skills/storm of the century.lua:28: attempt to compare number with table
[23:57:53.526] stack traceback:
[23:57:53.526]  ...pells/scripts/wizard skills/storm of the century.lua:28: in function <...pells/scripts/wizard skills/storm of the century.lua:18>
[23:57:53.527]  (tail call): ?
Made no edit to the script from Scarlet.. and this is my spells.xml
Code:
<instant name="storm of the century" words="lmaorofl" lvl="10" mana="45" prem="0" range="3" casterTargetOrDirection="1" blockwalls="1" exhaustion="3000" groups="1,1000" icon="89" needlearn="0" event="script" value="wizard skills/storm of the century.lua">
  <vocation id="1"/>
  <vocation id="9"/>
  <vocation id="25"/>
  <vocation id="26"/>
  <vocation id="27"/>
   </instant>
Doesn't cast and gives that error.
Just wondering if there is an easy fix.

Needs some editing.
Code:
for i = 1, #config.effectType[1] do
 if(efc < config.effectType[1][i]) then