• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Strange Error "unable to create item with invalid id"

darkshin

New old member
Reaction score
Hello Guys!

Today I was creating some new items in my items.otb at server side using usual client ids for the new items, I just wanted to add a new function to these new items. Everything was working fine until the item smoke(ground border, works like a carpet) which is the only thing different to the other items I've did the same is that this one is animated. So, the server is sending the client id to the client, which is 19258. The same it sends with the original item (which do not bug, only the custom item I've done with his client id). So when the message is parsed the client throw this error at my client "unable to create item with invalid id 30980".

I mean, wtf? Server is sending the correctly client id. Why the hell it is parsing a totally different id at this custom item with same client id as the original and working item?

So I used ObjectBuilder and duplicated this item and my .dat and assigined its new client id to the bugged item, but it still keeps the same error message "unable to create item with invalid id 30980".

So guys, any idea of what may be causing this error?

I have the same problem, did you manage to find a solution for it??

This error means there is no item with that id, so you need to create it through item editor. Also client id =/= server id.

I'm still little by little understanding how OT-client is done. For now all i know is that whenever you dealing with things like this you always have to start baby steps from the bottom.

Now, when the client protocol is lower than the server, and you are trying to create your own client with the a sources provided as soon as you login you will see a mess like this.

Capture.GIF

Me i like to start fixing stuff from baby steps because i don't understand how they did this project yet, but one thing i know is that OTC client is compatible with many tibia server and there is something that ALL tibia clients have and it's GRASS. i think grass still have the same ID number till this day.

so i went ahead and created a new MAP.OTBM and put some grass down.

efefe.GIF

set my player position and temple to the grass and there we start.

erwerw.GIF

BABY STEPS. i hope this help you guys.
now summn monsters Test stuff and keep on going add tiles see which ones are working which one give you problems and so on good luck fixing stuff, and don't forget to help others pass it!

Back