• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Strange error

pepe1

1337 Member
Reaction score
Ok when i try to open my server it keeps giving me this error:

error.jpg

The website works perfectly and creates characters to database but the server looks like isnt working with the database or something....

Help please REP+++!

It means server can't get remote file @ otland server, because (I guess) there's no that file anymore, it doesn't affect your server nor database. You can drop it in otserv.cpp :p.

It means server can't get remote file @ otland server, because (I guess) there's no that file anymore, it doesn't affect your server nor database. You can drop it in otserv.cpp :p.

Can you explain me how to do this? because even when i turn on the server in the webpage it says the server is Offline

Can you explain me how to do this? because even when i turn on the server in the webpage it says the server is Offline

It's not related to that error, you probably did something wrong with website. Write what AAC do you use so it will be easier to help you.

You must change
Lua:
encryptionType = "plain"
to
Lua:
encryptionType = "sha1"

You're completely wrong. PLAIN password are still supported, it just displays info about that + you have wait 30 seconds.
Also, as we can notice on screen, there's "USING SHA1 ENCRYPTION.", so yes - he's using sha1.

Okay, first of all find line starting with $sock = @fsockopen in config-and-functions.php and replace first parameter with your IP (there's probably 127.0.0.1 but as I remember it doesn't work with failovers and such, Maybe it's the reason) then wait for about 5 minutes untill status will refresh. If it will still not work, tell me if you are using Linux or Windows.

Okay, first of all find line starting with $sock = @fsockopen in config-and-functions.php and replace first parameter with your IP (there's probably 127.0.0.1 but as I remember it doesn't work with failovers and such, Maybe it's the reason) then wait for about 5 minutes untill status will refresh. If it will still not work, tell me if you are using Linux or Windows.
Ok, this isnt working :( im using windows XP SP3

Really don't know what to say. Maybe you have too high status timeout in your config.lua? Maybe there's other status port in config-and-functions.php and config.lua. They're my 2 last thought :|.

server looks like isnt working with the database or something....

It's working with database as you can see while running database manager [no tables were optimized] what mean that your tables in the database are OK, and they don't need to optimize.

Can you login, on created character?
What error tibia client give?

About that error with parsing remote file - while otland was moving to the new server it may be deleted.

It's working with database as you can see while running database manager [no tables were optimized] what mean that your tables in the database are OK, and they don't need to optimize.

Can you login, on created character?
What error tibia client give?

About that error with parsing remote file - while otland was moving to the new server it may be deleted.

Kinda too late :p.

Ok i cant log in with any character, keeps saying Invalid password. Maybe because otland moved the file was deleted so how i can fix this? also the webpage keeps saying server offline when i turn it on...

Ok i cant log in with any character, keeps saying Invalid password. Maybe because otland moved the file was deleted so how i can fix this? also the webpage keeps saying server offline when i turn it on...

Nop, again, it's not related to that file.

Go to your database (I guess you are using phpMyAdmin) and check if in account table passwords look like hashes or they're just plain ones. If plain, use this query:
Code:
UPDATE `accounts` SET `password` = SHA1(`password`);

Ok they were plain ones, i used the Code and they look like hashes now, the problem is still there but ill try to log in now..
Update:
Okay! I can log in now, but this leads to a new problem, why the passwords generated to DB were in plain text and not sha1? how i can make it so every time someone makes a new acc the password will be set in sha1?
Btw thx chojrak REP++ for you :)

Go to config-and-functions.php, there's function password_ency~, which doesn't work as it should, replace it with:
Code:
function password_ency($password) {
	return sha1($password);
}

Back