• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Suggestion] Add current ping to server on otservlist

Brazolek123

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Idea: is to display my current ping to each server on otservlist.
Outcome: it will let us choose the best servers to play without laggs etc.

However not sure if its even possible, without any external software installed on our pcs, cuz it will require to send ping request to each server visible in the list.

GREAT IDEA, but your idea need i think this: Location ping (From viewer) from server (to server), it changes depending if you check otservlist from mexico, or Poland.

Great idea!!!!!!!!!

wouldn't be hard? because ping variates for every country depending on where the server it's hosted. am i wrong?

wouldn't be hard? because ping variates for every country depending on where the server it's hosted. am i wrong?
But of course they shouldn't display the ping from the web-server to the ot-server. It shoul be from web-user to ot-server

But of course they shouldn't display the ping from the web-server to the ot-server. It shoul be from web-user to ot-server
Not necessarily. I mean it doesn't have to be 100% correct.

Imagine web script that pings each server for every user. Its not so good solution. Not only for user, nor for otservlist as its might be potentialy tagged as not safe website, nor for ots host either - as their servers going to be pinged ten of thousands times a day.

However if we ping each server once a day from a host located in certain capitol city, then website can get ping user-website and basing on those two values we can estimate user-ots ping with enough good precision.

For sure first method is the most accurate, but looking at problem from otserv admin view the second one might seem better. Anyway have no idea why hasn't it been implemented yet. It seems like they doesn't care about it anymore as ot population is slowly 'dieing', they making cash on advertisements and don't bother to administrate the site more than necessary.

Back