• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion

test

Reaction score
It is not good that you must register to this forum and have at least 15 posts to download the server. I'm sure it prevents many people from downloading the server, which damages it's development.
The Anti-spam delay between every post also makes it harder to have those posts. In my opinion you should make the download link public, and if you don't do that at least reduce the time we have to wait between every post.

It is for people to take their time to write an useful post instead of spamming "asdf" everywhere.

Talaturen, you are right about that.
But like me. I want to download the server but now i need to make those stupid posts first, not that I realy care what is in it. I just wanna download your server. :p

greetings, Vacoy

P.S. this post is also to anwser these posts here. Not only to get my 15 posts.

Yeah, me too have to wait, because people like me arent useful at all, we just know how to operate servers, and wrting a useful post isnt just possible :D

amm i have more of 15 post and more of 24 hours and i cant when i tray to go to the thread apper this message

vBulletin Message

Punketx, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home

plz help

hey tala, what we LUA makers could use is a SQL system so we can run querys, fetch the querys into a table and count the number of rows like the PHP functions or something:
suggestions to MySQL functions
mysqlQuery(Query As String)
mysqlFetchTable(Result As Query)
mysqlCountRows(Result As Query)

example:
Code:
function onSay(cid, words, param)
    if words == "!ranks" then
      if param == "level" then
        local query = mysqlQuery("SELECT name,level FROM `players` ORDER BY `level` DESC")
        local ranks = "player name, level"
        while sqlTable = mysqlFetchTable(query) do
            name = sqlTable.name
            level = sqlTable.level
            ranks = ranks.."\n"..name..", "..level
        end
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,ranks)
      elseif param == "magic" then
        local query = mysqlQuery("SELECT name,maglevel FROM `players` ORDER BY `maglevel` DESC")
            name = sqlTable.name
            maglevel = sqlTable.maglevel
            ranks = ranks.."\n"..name..", "..maglevel
        end
      end
    end
end

Last edited:
hey tala, what we LUA makers could use is a SQL system so we can run querys, fetch the querys into a table and count the number of rows like the PHP functions or something:
suggestions to MySQL functions
mysqlQuery(Query As String)
mysqlFetchTable(Result As Query)
mysqlCountRows(Result As Query)

example:
Code:
function onSay(cid, words, param)
    if words == "!ranks" then
      if param == "level" then
        local query = mysqlQuery("SELECT name,level FROM `players` ORDER BY `level` DESC")
            name = sqlTable.name
            level = sqlTable.level
            ranks = ranks.."\n"..name..", "..level
        end
      elseif param == "magic" then
        local query = mysqlQuery("SELECT name,maglevel FROM `players` ORDER BY `maglevel` DESC")
            name = sqlTable.name
            maglevel = sqlTable.maglevel
            ranks = ranks.."\n"..name..", "..maglevel
        end
      end
    end
end

That works in LuaSQL if you're hosting on Linux, if not then wait until 0.2.4 release.

alright, then im sorry for posting ;) just cant wait for release.. if i did have any money i would gladly donate some, but since i dont i cant

@more post related
well i saw on the LuaSQL website that it only works with LUA 5.0 on Windows Platforms, so i was thinking that it would not get in Forgotten since your using Lua 5.1

so will it work on windows platforms, since i dont have the possibility to host on a linux server yet (im going to buy a new computer as soon as i get a job)

ps: will you release some simple examples for LuaSQL when 0.2.4 is released?

Last edited:
After that I've read LuaSQL documentation I will, yes.

amm i have more of 15 post and more of 24 hours and i cant when i tray to go to the thread apper this message

vBulletin Message

Punketx, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home

plz help

I have the same problem... anybody can help me too ?

Back