• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestions for themes

So "oriental market street" One screen from distance second for details :)
Like a .... Bazaar? ;)
showoff-png.41565

Yes! It looks awesome even despite of same building elements, what I'm concern about is whether this upper floors are visible for player at level 0, mine is not that good quality but still have climate ^^

Attachments

Are people interested in having a competition this month? If so, feel free to comment on what theme you would like to see/map. And we can get an August competition going.

I could try to work on something after 15th August but I cannot fully commit that.

I like what @Neon just proposed since it requires out of the box thinking. But to be fair I haven't tried if it's even suitable with current set of sprites.
Otherwise I like western a lot and people can get inspiration from RDR or any other related games/movies. On the other hand I always wanted to experimentate with some underwater temples.

I could try to work on something after 15th August but I cannot fully commit that.

I like what @Neon just proposed since it requires out of the box thinking. But to be fair I haven't tried if it's even suitable with current set of sprites.
Otherwise I like western a lot and people can get inspiration from RDR or any other related games/movies. On the other hand I always wanted to experimentate with some underwater temples.
Suppose Cyberpunk can utilise the industrial looking sprites from the Gnome update iirc and some of the latest updates may mix well. That theme does force you to be creative too with the industrial look.

I was planning to host the competitions again this month which we could do a smaller one to open a new season officially, the previous competition for Season 2 will stand still but evidently there has been a gap.

@Kaspar I think you suggested this before, but maybe it would be wise to share the competitions between ourselves to keep them consistent. Maybe, I'd be able to enter then :)!

I'd recommend the Cyberpunk theme, if it's used, is done with a standard competition format, i.e. September's competition for the full month. I'd imagine people would want longer to play with options.

There's a cyberpunk theme right now, and people can't even tell steampunk and cyberpunk apart.

Well, we had this discussion already and we came to thr result, that, contrary to what many people may think, there are many different interpretations of cyberpunk.

Nevermind. Somebody already proposed ghosttown/underworld town as a topic. I like it.

New competition will be up soon. Sorry for some slight delay :) - more suggestions welcome for future competitions ;)

any theme you decide is the next one + one rule would be that its not allowed outside the dimensions of x*y*z = 10*10*5 squares.

So each floor is 10x10 squares, with the amount of floors allowed is 5 in total.
Could be fun with those restrictions

Back