• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gamemaster Summer Application

Reyna

Reaction score
Hey people,
My name is Reyna, if you have been around for a few summers you'll know what this is all about ;)
I would like to share my application to potentially work on/with your server over the summer.

Name: Reyanna (Rey/Reyna)

Language: English

Availability: +/- 10 hours weekly
This is not a typo

With regards to my skills and experience, I have been working with servers every summer for many years. I am a full time student during the year, so I can only commit myself for a couple of months at a time.
My contributions have included but aren't limited to, Mapping, Community Management, Game Management and Story Writing.
Briefly I would like to share my philosophy on each topic.

Mapping:
Very much about detail right? But also doing things that you don't normally see on other servers. When I leave, I like to leave my mark with something unique and interesting.
Here is an example of my map work:
2j3347q.jpg

(for a better view click here: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting)

Community Management:
Due to my few hours of activity, I have had positions where the sole purpose of my logging in were to produce events for the whole community were to be involved in.
One of my favorite events is to introduce high level/low exp creatures in major towns where the community has to work together if they want to play undisturbed. Rewards for raids are handed out to those who participate the most, not the high level people who want to farm quick levels.

Game Management:
This one is always tricky because a Game Master/Manager cannot do too much other than to enforce the rules. My ideas here are to be involved with the community (as a Community Manager would) to one, keep the experience fun and entertaining, and two, to let the cheaters know that there is always someone watching.

Story Writing:
You could argue that I made this position up. Those who have worked with me know that there is a right and a wrong way to run a server. Story writing involves creating a non linear environment for the players to interact with, that leaves them 'less bored' than the bored people on other servers (lets face it, everyone playing is usually just bored haha).

If you are interesting in working with me, please do not hesitate to send me a private message. I would prefer not to discuss potential work on this thread. I would also like to BUMP this post around the same time next year haha :)

Other questions and comments however are encouraged and welcomed.

Last edited:
Pardon me for the bump!

This post is once again active for the summer!

Back