• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Support C# scripting

Exeus

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Hi!

What I'd have to do in order to support C# as scripting language in e.g TFS 1.3?

AFAIK GTA 4/5 are using C# for their moding community

@Delusion

Why you're saying that "strongly typed" is not real reason? Why do "we" have typescript then?

Strong typing is great thing.

What upsides would you gain that you absolutely cannot do in Lua?

Productivity and I also hate guessing about types/params and so on.

I'm not saying that Lua is bad or something, but I feel as if I were doing Javascript when using Lua (yea, Lua is not as bad as js)

What does this function take? what is this X object, what properties does it have?

Last edited:
I did a small google search about c++ C# bridge and it does not seen to be easy. You can also have the whole server in C#, there is atleast two opentibia servers written in C# which i think you could use.

I prefer LUA, nothing more is needed, fast, efficient, write less, more intuitive, flexible and perfect, for now it is more than enough, I would like to see sometime is lua 5.3 or 5.4 implemented in the otservers but it is not necessary, only that I like the new way of handling operators a bit

Back