• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Support FAQ

Reaction score
Welcome to the Support FAQ thread (Frequently Asked Questions)

I noticed allot of threads with the same questions in the support section, that's why im making this FAQ thread.
This thread will contain the questions that are asked very often, If you think there is missing any question and/or subjects, please feel free to send me a PM or post a message below (keep the thread as clean as possible, so no flamming please.)

• Subject: Database

Q: Where can i download Uniserver, Xampp or SQLite Studio?
A:
Q: How can i import tables into PhpmyAdmin?
A: Goto PhpMyAdmin > Login > Open the database > Press the SQL button > Paste the Table here > Press execute.

Q: How to upload a big database on Linux
A: Use this thread http://otland.net/f138/how-upload-big-database-linux-ssh-how-changed-phpmyadmin-password-168457/ (credits go to Cronox)

Q: How do i create a complete database for the following ACC pages?
A:

Q: Im getting this error in console: z_ots_communications table is missing, what should i do?
A: Look at the Question, How do i Import tables into PhpMyAdmin and execute this:
SQL:
CREATE TABLE `z_ots_comunication` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `type` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `action` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `param1` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `param2` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `param3` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `param4` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `param5` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `param6` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `param7` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `delete_it` int(2) NOT NULL default '1',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Q: Im getting this error in console: guild_wars table is missing, what should i do?
A: Look at the Question, How do i Import tables into PhpMyAdmin and execute this:
SQL:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `guild_wars` (
  `id` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `guild_id` INT NOT NULL,
  `enemy_id` INT NOT NULL,
  `begin` BIGINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `end` BIGINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `frags` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `payment` BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `guild_kills` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `enemy_kills` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `status` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
  KEY `status` (`status`),
  KEY `guild_id` (`guild_id`),
  KEY `enemy_id` (`enemy_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB;

ALTER TABLE `guild_wars`
  ADD CONSTRAINT `guild_wars_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`guild_id`) REFERENCES `guilds` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE,
  ADD CONSTRAINT `guild_wars_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`enemy_id`) REFERENCES `guilds` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE;

ALTER TABLE `guilds` ADD `balance` BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER `motd`;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `guild_kills` (
  `id` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
  `guild_id` INT NOT NULL,
  `war_id` INT NOT NULL,
  `death_id` INT NOT NULL
) ENGINE = InnoDB;

ALTER TABLE `guild_kills`
  ADD CONSTRAINT `guild_kills_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`war_id`) REFERENCES `guild_wars` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE,
  ADD CONSTRAINT `guild_kills_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`death_id`) REFERENCES `player_deaths` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE,
  ADD CONSTRAINT `guild_kills_ibfk_3` FOREIGN KEY (`guild_id`) REFERENCES `guilds` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE;

ALTER TABLE `killers` ADD `war` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

This go's for each table that is missing, For all other tables, use the search fuction, they are very easy to find.

• Subject: Forever AOL and Blessing scripts

Q: Im looking for a forever amulet of loss, Can you please make it for me?
A: Most of the scripts can be found on the Mods & Lua Functions thread, but if you cant find it, you can also try it at the Requests board, But here is one example: http://otland.net/f163/forever-aol-works-red-skull-89916/index2.html (credits go to Blue Wizard)

Q: Im looking for a blessings script, can you please make it for me?
Most of the scripts can be found on the Mods & Lua Functions thread, but if you cant find it, you can also try it at the Requests board, But here is one example:http://otland.net/f81/all-basic-talkactions-what-you-need-your-ots-182192/ (credits go to tejdi)

• Subject: Other scripts

Q: Im looking for some custom scripts, but i cant seem to find them, ive tried google, and the search function, but nothing.
A: Make a new thread at the Requests board, wait patiently for a reply, a scripter has to have a change to finish it.

• Subject:Global questions

Q: My server is lagging, what can i do?
A: You can try raising the max_allowed_packets in your SQL Query's. execute this in your database
SQL:
SET GLOBAL max_allowed_packet = 16776192;
A: You can buy a dedicated host or use the Jobs board to find a good hoster

Q: Im getting attacked by DDoss, what can i do about it?
A: You can try to use this http://otland.net/f138/basic-ddos-protection-linux-win-179626/ (credits go to narko)

Q: I have a double router, how do i portforward it?
A: Take a look at this fancy thread http://otland.net/f138/double-router-port-forwarding-138697/ (credits go to Ramirow)

Q: How do i portforward?
A: Use this website Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model - PortForward.com and select your router, the guide will walk you true it.

Q: How can i see if my ports are open?
A: Use the website Open Port Check Tool and enter te port the want to look.

Q: Ive opened my ports, but people can't connect to my website and/or gameserver, what can it be?
A: Make sure you have the ports forwarded like the guide says, if Open Port Check Tool says that your ports are open, then its possible that your firewall is blocking the ports for public. Do not turn off your firewall, just enter the rules in it for the ports. Your router contains a firewall aswell, make sure he isnt blocking the ports. There are some virus scanners that are blocking port 80, but a virus scanner wont block 7171, 7172 etc.
Please note if you use Skype, that skype is using port 80 aswell. You can disable this at settings > advanced > connection.

Q: Is there a free program that can open the ports for me?
A: Yes there is, Use this program, its very usefull SPI Port Forward - CNET Download.com

Q: How can i see what program is using which port?
A: Use this nice tutorial http://otland.net/f138/how-see-program-blocks-certain-port-pictures-155989/ (credits go to Royal Inferno)

So far so good. Im a little out of idea's now, so if anybody has a great point to add, post it, and ill add it to the list.
PLease do not flame this thread, i made it because i had some spare time and i like to help the community.

@Each Moderator, Please feel free to add or delete anything thats wrong.

Its time for the community to contribute more stuff to Otland, Dont let the OT community die.

Back
Top Bottom