• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Support] PayPal Claim

Core_

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, well some shitty thing happened to me today, I just got an email from PayPal saying that someone asked for a refund and when I check my PayPal account (That had just like 20euros) it was on -36Euros. The claim comes from one of the guys I sold a template to, and its a 50Euro refund.

I delivered the template perfectly, even gave him a lot of support, made the template exactly as he wished, and I just charged him with 50 euros, that was on August 1st.

Claim Info
Unauthorized Payment Details

Transaction ID:XXX
Buyer Name:Ilson Grossi
Buyer Email:[email protected]
Transaction Amount:€50.00 EUR
Transaction Date:01/08/2012

PayPal Case ID:PP-001-969-543-291
Reason for Dispute:Unauthorized payment
Chargeback Reason Code:83
Chargeback Amount:€52.90 EUR
Chargeback Date:29/08/2012
Status Details:The buyer has filed a chargeback with his or her credit card company stating that the buyer did not authorize the payment.
The credit card company has reversed the payment, and we've placed a temporary hold on the funds while we review this case. If this transaction is covered by protection against unauthorized payments, we'll lift the temporary hold and restore the funds to your account. If the transaction is not eligible, we'll return the funds to the buyer or the rightful owner.
For this transaction to be covered by protection against unauthorized payments, please provide proof that you shipped the item through an approved shipper to the address on the Transaction Details page.
If the item is not a tangible good, this transaction is not eligible for protection against unauthorized payments. However, depending on the information you provide, we may be able to help you recover your funds by disputing the chargeback with the credit card company. Please provide us with information about your case. We'll let you know if we can dispute the chargeback with the credit card company.
Please respond within 10 days. Click Resolve Claim Now to continue.

Dispute History Log - Most Recent 3

DateActorAction Details
29/08/2012PayPalEmail sent to seller
29/08/2012PayPalEmail sent to buyer
29/08/2012BuyerChargeback initiated

----------------

So, what should I tell paypal? This is really unfair, and the template I made was all done by me.

Last edited:
Since the "buyer" filed a complaint with the credit card company, unless the person you sold it to is old enough to even have a credit card, it may very well be his parents who found out he/she used their card and now they're pissed. In this case, you're screwed. But if it was a prepaid card, there aren't any guarantees you'll even win, with evidence of the sale, as these aren't supported by PayPal in the first place. They'll just end it fast and quietly.

I recommend telling PayPal it was a payment for an intangible product, which the person regrets purchasing, and they're now trying to get their money back by filing a false claim. Either way, it probably won't work in your favor, as the card company is issuing the charge-back, not PayPal.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
PayPal in almost every case favors buyers, so chances of you getting that money back are slim to none.

Fight fire with fire, say some lies as well.

Thats what I usually do when things like this, I won a 80 pounds worth of many case by lieng :p, but I wasn't the buyer :L

Before you start to use Paypal you should always previously call them and clearly explain to them your full intentions of what your paypal account will be used for. Since it's electronic goods, it's hard for people to prove that they ever received them which leads to people refunding on paypal. For future references you should call them, explain your bushiness, and tell them that you will provide proof (screen shots, chat logs etc..) to prove you are legitimate.

I'd try talking to PayPal on the phone. They're a lot more helpful on the phone.
As a server owner for three years, when I see a chargeback from a credit card company (a lot of players usually do this after they lose a chargeback claim already) I know I'm out of some money (This is the only chargeback type that I've had a 0% win rate).
You can say whatever you want in the PayPal response box, but the credit card company is going to read, "blah blah blah" and say, "We're going to favor OUR customer. F@#k You."

Oh, and don't forget you'll likely be charged a $20 service fee by PayPal once you lose the claim.
Red

PS. What was his username here?

He contacted me back, and seems like he didn't do anything but it was his credit card.
I was really surprised when I saw this cause he was a really nice guy. I sen't PayPal some information and pictures with "proves", but yea it seems useless if the Credit Card company is the one making the claim.
I hope the guy is saying the truth and help me out with this.

He contacted me back, and seems like he didn't do anything but it was his credit card.
I was really surprised when I saw this cause he was a really nice guy. I sen't PayPal some information and pictures with "proves", but yea it seems useless if the Credit Card company is the one making the claim.
I hope the guy is saying the truth and help me out with this.

He's the only one with the power to fix it.

Paypal will only help you if your history is clean, don't also forget to always receive money as gift.

Now, since the credit card company is opening the dispute, your chances are extremely low.

Last but not least, if you're not gonna receive money as gift, just make terms and agreements.

I always ask for the money as gift this time, the guy was not able to. (Country issue)

I went against a guy who claimed back his cash due to "unauthorized payments"

But I won, and received my entire 10 euros back! :eek:

All people can do is wish you luck.

Goodluck.

Tell them that it was a virtual gift & show pics of ur msn convo or wherever you guys made the deal :)
Also,in future accept only payments from verified users & accept gift only. This way they won't win unauthorized payments since by
getting verified they prove they are the real owner & also gift payments can NOT be charged back since they are not under paypal
protection thingy.

Dammit! I just got an email from paypal saying the dispute was closed and they even took more money from me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please see below for more information on your case that was recently closed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear X X X;

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Buyer's name: Ilson Grossi
Buyer's email: [email protected]
Transaction ID: xxx

Transaction date: 01/08/2012
Transaction amount: -50.00 EUR
Case #: PP-xxxx
Your transaction ID: xxxx

Your buyer filed a chargeback with their credit card company asking to
reverse the above payment. Although your buyer reversed this payment, we
want to work with the buyer's credit card company to get your money back.
We are using the information you sent us to dispute the reversal.

Please note that because the buyer already reversed the payment, it has
been removed from your PayPal balance. The settlement fee the credit card
company charged for the reversal was also deducted from your account. If
the credit card company decides the case in your favor, this money will be
credited back to your PayPal balance.

Keep in mind that the credit card company determines the timeframe and
outcome. It may take up to 75 days for the credit card company to reach a
final decision. We will email you once they complete their investigation.

What to Do Next

If you have any additional information related to this transaction, please
send it to us as soon as possible.

Here's how to send us information:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Resolution Center" near the top of the page.
3. Click "View" next to this case and follow the instructions.

Other details:

This transaction was reversed for the following reasons(s):
Digital goods are not covered.

If you have questions about chargebacks and how to avoid them, log in to
your PayPal account and click "Help" at the top of any page.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Dammit! I just got an email from paypal saying the dispute was closed and they even took more money from me.

Oh man, that really sucks.

Well, I hope you learn from your mistakes and accept gift only regardless if the buyer can use the gift option or not.

Your account will get negative balance if something like this happens, and I don't know what happens if you have a negative balance.

You owe it to Paypal, I think.
You will have to deposit money into the account(money that you will never be able to get back), in order to clear the difference and get back to $0.

>> [email protected] - Seems Legit! >>> Test e-pay Tibia (User is a money hungry bitch.)

Son, I am Scammed!

Back